This super cute camping craft doubles as a fun name craft to help kids learn to recognize their name! This paper plate camp fire preschool name craft is sure to be a hit with pre-k and kindergarten age students who are learning their names. Use this name craft for kids in your camping theme or as a summer camping activity for kids.
If you are looking for fun camping activities for preschoolers to add to your preschool camping theme, you will love this super cute and fun-to-make camping craft idea! This summer craft is also a preschool name craft! This kindergarten name craft works on strengthening fine motor skills and usese free printable letter marshmallows to keep it simple. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will lvoe this summer camping theme idea!
Preschool Name Craft
All you need to make this roasing marshmallows craft with kids are a few simple materials:
- white paper plate
- hole punch
- crayons, markers, or colored pencils
- yarn – red, yellow, and orange
- smores printables with alphabet marshmallows (at bottom of the post)
Name Crafts for Preschool
Start by tracing a flame shape. Now carefully cutting out a flame shape from the center of your plate.
If you are a pareschool teacher, I like to have this done ahead. I use the cheap plates and stack them up and can do 4-5 at a time.
Name Crafts for Kids
Now use a hole punch and make holes all around the flame on the inside of the plate.
Kindergarten Name Craft
WIth one color at a time, children will use yarn to make the flames by going up and down, in an dout of the holes. We started with the red yarn. This is great for fine motor skills. You can use a palstic tapestry needle or just have them use fine motor skills.
Now lace with orange yarn going through the same holes again.
Finally, go through the holes yet again, this time with yellow yarn to make a pretty, multi-colored flame.
In the free file at the bottm of the post you will find the logs for you to print, color with crayons or markers, and cut out.
Now glue the printable fire logs on the paper plate fire.
Summer Crafts for Preschoolers
Now cut out the stick and letter marshmallow templates. Help children spell their name and glue the letters in order on the stick.
This is such a cute name craft to help preschoolers and kindergartners work on name recognition and how to spell their name.
Camping Activities for Preschoolers
If you are looking to make a week of camping themed, smores activities, don’t miss these great resources:
- Letter C Printables for pre k to work on math, literacy, science, social studies, and more!
- Sneak in some fun math with these camping worksheets
- Count to 15 with these camping worksheets for preschoolers
- HUGE pack of camping worksheets with math and litearcy
- Smores Camping Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Printable Camping Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Marshmallow Ten Frame Activity
- Camping Tracing Worksheets to improve fine motor skills
- S’Mores Rhyming Words Activity
- Fun, no prep CAMPFIRE GAMES
- Lots of tips for camping with kids
Preschool Name Ideas
Looking for more Name Recognition Activities? Try these:
- Printable Name Flower Craft
- Slime Preschool Name Ideas
- Camping Name Craft for Preschool
- Back to School Name Recognition Activities
- Ice Cream Name Craft for Summer
- 28 Cute Name Crafts for Preschoolers
- Playdough Imprint Name Recognition Activities
- Bug Name Recognition Activities
- Cute I Spy Name Ornament for Kids
- Shark Preschool Name Activity
- French Fry name crafts for preschoolers
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Name Recognition Activity
- Learn your name with straws Name Recognition Craft
- Name Recognition Pot of Gold Craft
- 30 Name Recognition Activities
- Space Name Craft for Preschoolers
- Ice Cream Preschool Name Activity
Summer worksheets for kindergarten
Looking for more fun, summer theme educational activities for prek and kinders? Check out these free summer printables!
- Summer Letter Matching Alphabet Puzzles
- Learn about life cycles with these ladybug life cycle worksheet
- Garden Kindergarten sight Word Activities
- Pail and Shovel Matching Letter Game for Summer
- I Spy Pirate Game
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Hands-on Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
- Garden theme Telling Time Worksheets
- Seed FInd the Letter Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Summer Lego Challenge
- Water Gun Parts of Speach Game
- Playdough Counting Mat Activity with Watermelon Seed Printable
- Summertime Dot Art Printables
- Free Printable Beach Worksheets
- Cute Flip Flip Letter Matching
- Bubble Math Worksheets
- Strawberry Picking Summer Rhyming Activity
- Playdough Ice Cream Pattern Printable Activity
Summer Worksheets for Kids
- Smores Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Smore complete sentence game
- Marshmallow Ten Frame Activity
- Cute Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Fun Summer Color by Number pages to work on number recognition and hand muscles
- Work on writing with these June Writing Prompts
- Seachell Color Playdough Mats – fun summer activities for preschoolers
- Convenient Summer Writing Prompts with ruled lines and pictures to color
- Pool Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- HUGE pack of Garden Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Summer Number Recognition Coloring Worksheets
- Cute Watermelon Seed Counting Worksheet
- Skip Counting Summer Worksheets
- Simple, Free Beach Coloring Pages
- Summer Activity Pages
- Seashell Alphabet Matching Activity
- Firefly Math Printable Counting Game
- Free Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sight Word Mazes – Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sun Summer Tracing Worksheets
- Pool Count and Trace Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Sandcastle Letter Tracing Summer Activities for Kindergarten
In between reading a good book, sneak in some epic fun with these summer activities for kids of all ages:
- 107 Fun Summer Activities
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Frozen Rainbow Science Activities for Preschoolers
- Water Balls Summer Activity
- Camping Activity Book, Camping Printable Pack, Printable Camping Resources
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- June Activity Calendar
- Exploding Watermelon Science
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- How to Make Chalk for Summer FUN
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Printable SUmmer Crafts for Preschoolers
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Smores Name Craft <<