Young children will enjoy learning to count from one to fifteen with this free Camping Counting Book. This printable math activity for preschoolers is a great way to make learning fun.
Toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students will be able to work on their number recognition and counting skills with this free camping themed counting book. With one page for each of the numbers from one through fifteen, with fun camping items to count, children will have a great time learning and practicing their counting while working on their number recognition and handwriting skills.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will not this low prep math activity for toddlers, pre k, and kindergartners.
Math Activity for Preschoolers
Print the printable book freebie in color and cut each sheet into two pages. Stack the reader book in order from 1-15 and staple on the left edge of the book to make a summer emergent reader for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners.
- 1 canoe
- 2 backpacks
- 3 canteens
- 4 compasses
- 5 fires
- 6 fishing hats
- 7 flashlights
- 8 lanterns
- 9 maps
- 10 sleeping bags
- 11 stars
- 12 tents
- 13 trees
- 14 rocks
- 15 moons
Camping Math Activities for Preschoolers
To use this emergent reader, children can count the pictures, placing a marker or counter in each picture as they count them if they wish, then they can trace the number in the top right hand corner of the book. This is also a great way to build vocabulary!
Next, children can practice their reading skills by reading the sentence at the bottom of the page, placing a finger under the word as they read the sentence. For those children who are still learning to read, point to the word as you say it and have them repeat the word after you.
After completing this, children can trace the number word.
While completing these worksheets, children will be learning to recognize and write the numbers from one to fifteen as well as the number words. They will also be practicing their counting skills and their handwriting skills.
Math Activities for Toddlers
- Shape Flashcard Treasure Hunt – kids will have fun looking for shapes around them with this fun shape game
- Number Tracing Sandcastles – practice counting and tracing numbers-1-20 with this super cute summer themed math activity
- Count to 10 Spider Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with these super cute playdough mats
- Do a Dot Number Worksheets using bingo dauber markers are a fun way for kids to practice counting
- Strawberry Preschool Counting Activity – this art and math activity is perfect for summer learning
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats – kids will have fun using playdough to practice counting
- Fish Cracker Counting cards – this clever activity allows kids to use goldfish to practice counting and one to one correspondence
- Lego Number Mats use duplo blocks to practice counting and include a space for tracing numbers 1-10
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with Stickers – such a fun, hands on counting activity for preschoolers
- Coin Recognition Sorting Mats – this math activity is a great way for kids to start learning about American money
- Zoo Animals Color by Number – these math worksheets allow kids to work on number recognition while revealing hidden pictures
Download Camp & Count
Before you download your Dinosaur Roll and Cover Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.