Preschoolers will have fun practicing listening for rhyming words with this fun, hands on, and FREE Rhyming Match Beehive Jive.
Rhyming Match Beehive Jive
Preschool kids will LOVE this rhyming center! Kids will choose a card and find a rhyming match and place that card onto the ‘Beehive Jive’ mat. Print the rhyming mat and the cards on cardstock, cut up the cards and you’re set to go!
- A4 paper
Print as many mats as you need for the number of students in your class – the same goes for the rhyming cards. Be sure to have enough of those cards for your rhyming center. You could also choose to print the cards two times to create a memory game (shared below).
I LOVE using learning mats – they are so much fun for kids and best of all, they are quick to setup and play! Use these mats to help kids learn to read and identify rhyming words. We know that with learning, repetition and practice is key. Kids will be motivated to find their rhyming matches as they read and match rhyming short vowel sounds. After you’ve printed and laminated the cards and the mats, cut the rhyming card words. Place the Beehive mat on the table and show the kids what they need to do. They choose a card and place that card on the mat, they then find a rhyming match and place that card onto the mat. They continue to do so until they have found all the rhymes for that card. Encourage them to say the word on the card as they look for the match.
Another way you can use these cards is to play a memory game with them. Lay the cards out onto the table and have the kids uncover a card, say the name of the word on the card and then uncover another. Say the name and if it doesn’t match, to place it back uncovered. They continue this until they find the matches to all the cards.
FREE Playdough Mats
Help kids practice forming uppercase letters with these fun animal themed Uppercase Alphabet Playdough Cards.
These shape flower playdough mats are sure to brighten up your day as well as help practice learning shapes.
These simple preschool playdough mats are such a fun simple activity for preschoolers.
Kids will have fun exploring modes of transportation with these fun transportation playdough mats.
- Rainbow Rhyming Words Puzzles
- Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities
- Cooking up Rhymes Do a Dot Printables
- Butterfly Rhyming Games
- Rhyming Clip Cards
- Glue Puzzles – fun Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Themed Rhyming Cards
- Robot Rhyme Puzzle Game
- Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Smores Rhyming Games for Preschoolers
- Beehive Rhyming Games for Preschool
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Rhyme in December with these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
Download Rhyming Beehives
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!