Kindergarten and grade 1 students will LOVE matching the pieces to make complete cvc rhyming words! This cvc word activity is perfect for a spring or summer theme as it features basetballs. Kids will choose a card and find the matching short vowel sound and then create a matching baseball puzzle with the given puzzles. Simply download pdf file with cvc printable and you are ready for an engaging rhyming activity.
CVC Rhyming Words
I LOVE hands-on activities to make learning fun! This educational, free printable, rhyming activity for kindergartners and grade 1 students improve reading readiness and improve reading fluency. Children will listen to the short vowel sound in each of these CVC rhyming words and match the two parts of the baseball. This cvc word activity is perfect for spring activities for kids or spring printables too. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – your children will have fun matching rhyming words.
CVC Word Activity
Cut the puzzles apart and store in a ziplock bag.
Rhyming CVC Words
Kids will be motivated to create football puzzle matches with CVC words short vowel sounds using these fun football themed cards. After you’ve printed and laminated (optional) the cards, place them into a container. You can use those mini photo storage containers that you can buy from the dollar store. They choose a card and read the short vowel CVC word on the puzzle piece they then find and read words on the matching puzzle piece to create football puzzles. They continue to do so until they have found all the matches for all the puzzle pieces. Encourage them to say the word on the card as they look for the matching words.
Rhyming skills and phonological awareness is such an important step for kids learning to read, it’s important we give them plenty of ways to practice these skills.
CVC words can be difficult for kindergarten kids. Encourage them to work on their reading and rhyming skills with this set of fun cards!
CVC Words Activities
Looking for more fun ways to practice cvc words for kindergartners and improve reading fluency? You will love these free printable ideas:
- CVC Words Game
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- 4th of July CVC Words Practice
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
- CVC Word Puzzles
- Reading CVC Words Activity
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Caterpillar CVC Words
- Short A CVC Words Cut & Paste Book
Summer CVC Words
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!