This super cute a Jack-o-Lantern craft is quick and easy to make. This Halloween lantern DIY uses common supplies you already have at home to make the jack o lantern paper craft. Make one of the pumpkin lanterns craft or a whole punch to line your stairs or hang. Use these halloween craft ideas with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too.
If you are looking for fun, easy-to-make pumpkin crafts for Octoboer, you will love this happy craft Jack-o-Lantern. This Jack-o-Lantern DIY is simple to make with consruction paper, scissors and glue. But don’t worry this halloween paper crafts are crazy cute too! Try this pumpkin crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun craft.
Pumpkin Lanterns Craft
All you need to make this cute pumpkin craft idea are a few simple supplies you probabaly already have on hand:
- toilet paper roll
- construction paper – orange and green
- black marker
- glue or tape
Craft jack o lantern
Measure a piece of orange construction paper that would be long and wide enough to wrap the toilet paper roll.
Halloween lantern diy
Cut out the orange construction paper.
Use a glue stick to adhere the paper to the toilet paper roll.
Jack o lantern paper craft
Cut out a piece of orange construction paper that can wrap around the toilet paper roll but is slightly longer than the height of the roll.
Draw your jack-o’-lantern face with a black marker. I recommend keeping the eyes and nose above the middle so when it is folded you will have part of the face above the fold and the other part below.
Jack o lantern diy
Fold the paper in half horizontally. Draw a horizontal line approximately 1 inch from the top.
You can free-hand cut if you like or draw lines about 1 inch apart. You want the lines to be pretty thin and fairy even.
Halloween Craft Ideas
Unfold the paper. The paper should have vertical slits along the middle. Glue the top and bottom of the paper to the toilet paper roll.
When you glue along the top and bottom only it will push the project out in the middle as the jack-o-lantern face strip of construction paper is taller than the tp roll. Kids will start to get excited at this point as the project is starting to take a fun, silly shape.
Halloween paper crafts
Cut two thin 1″ strips of the green construction paper that can be wrapped around the cardboard tube. One should be wider than the other with a scalloped or triangular pattern on one horizontal side. Wrap around the cardboard roll and glue the narrower strip around the bottom of the toilet paper roll.
Pumpkin crafts for preschoolers
Glue and wrap the zig zag green strip to the top of the toilet paper roll.1
Cut out a strip from the green construction paper for the handle. You can determine how long you want the handle to be then tape or glue the ends of the paper handle to the inside of the toilet paper roll.
Cute halloween craft for kids
This is such a fun project for kids of all ages! I love that it used common household supplies and each Jack-o-Lantern can have a slightly different face. You can make different shades of orange with varrying faces to decorate your stairs, put on the mantel, etc. to decorate your house or classroom of Halloween.
YOu’ve got to try this classic Halloween craft that is so cute and fun for all ages!
Pumpkin Activity for Kids
- Homemade Halloween Silly Putty Activities
- How to Make Pumpkin Slime
- Taste Safe Pumpkin Clay for Kids
- Spookley the Square Pumpkin Shape Activity with homemade Pumpkin Playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheets pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Printable, Cut-and-Paste Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet
- Simple Skittles Pumpkin Science Experiment
- EASY Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiments
- Dissapearing Flying Ghost Halloween Science Experiment
Halloween Science Experiments
- Errupting Halloween Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiments
- Not-so-Spooky Halloween Ghost Science Experiment
- Exploding Pumpkin Science Experiment for October
- Dissolving Candy Halloween Science Experiments
- Frankenworms Halloween Science Experiment
- Melting Pumpkins Science Experiment for October
- EASY Static Electricity Ghost Experiment
- Halloween Lava Lamp Science Experiment
- Use your leftover Halloween candy to try some of these candy science experiments, or this water displacement with candy, or this fun candy STEM idea.
- Pumpkin Counting activity that uses free printable and pumpkin candy corn to count and trace
- Count to 20 Pumpkin Playdough Mats
- Practice skip counting with this hands-on pumpkin math activity
- Super cute, free printable pumpkin addition game
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun, reusable pumpkin math worksheets are super cute and make practicing addition fun for kindergartners
- Work on color words with this free pumpkin worksheets for preschoolers
- Pumpkin Matching Game
- Even older students will have fun getting in on the pumpkin theme with these multiplication pumpkin math puzzles
- These order of operation puzzles are another fun pumpkin math activity for older students.
Plus don’t miss our yummy pumpkin recipes for fall:
- Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Waffles
- Cute Pumpkin Krispy Treats
- Deliciuos Pumpkin Chili
- Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Lava Cake Pumpkin Dessert
- 40 Yummy Pumpkin Recipes
- Everyone’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread