Help kids practice counting to 10 with these counting popsicles clip cards. This summer printable allows preschool and pre-k kids to practice counting while having fun with a summer theme activity. This summer activity for preschoolers is great for sneaking in some math to your playful days or summer themes. Simply print pdf file with popsicle printables and you are ready to play and learn with summer math.
Summer is upon us and in full swing. Every day is different. Sometimes we go on day trips, play outside or sometimes we stay inside and watch movies all day. The only thing that is the same is popsicles. Every single day my kids want popsicles. We make homemade ones, homemade fudgesicles, and store bought popsicles wrapped in plastic sleeves – it doesn’t matter. They just want popsicles! I don’t usually mind. They know to eat them outside and sometimes it is exactly what we all need to keep those smiles on our faces and cool off just a bit.
These clip cards are going to help your child practice counting, number sense, and more for numbers 1-10. Not only is there the need to count the stars, but also identify the number choices.
Summer Activity for Preschoolers
I love using clip cards because they are versatile and super simple to prep. Once they are prepped once, it is prepped for life!
These cards each have a different number of popsicles. In the smaller squares, there are three options for numbers. Kids can count the popsicles and then choose the correct corresponding number. Once the numbers is found, it can be clipped with a clothes pin or a variety of other options, such as:
- Pom poms
- Rainbow bears
- Translucent math tokens
- Dry Erase Markers (if laminated)
Summer Learning for Preschoolers
I like to laminate the activity, after printing, so that I can have the option of using dry erase markers too. This makes this activity useful in the car or when we’re waiting somewhere like at a restaurant or at the doctor’s office.
Summer Theme for Preschoolers
I also included two blank clip cards. This can be used for different numbers, if you would like the expand the numbers that are used, or if one gets damaged.
If you are expanding the numbers used, you can simply use a coloring utensils and mark numbers in the small squares and draw stars in the in the big box.
Summer worksheets for kindergarten
Looking for more fun, summer theme educational activities for prek and kinders? Check out these free summer printables!
- Summer Letter Matching Alphabet Puzzles
- Learn about life cycles with these ladybug life cycle worksheet
- Garden Kindergarten sight Word Activities
- Pail and Shovel Matching Letter Game for Summer
- I Spy Pirate Game
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Hands-on Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
- Garden theme Telling Time Worksheets
- Seed FInd the Letter Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Summer Lego Challenge
- Water Gun Parts of Speach Game
- Playdough Counting Mat Activity with Watermelon Seed Printable
- Summertime Dot Art Printables
- Free Printable Beach Worksheets
- Cute Flip Flip Letter Matching
- Bubble Math Worksheets
- Strawberry Picking Summer Rhyming Activity
- Playdough Ice Cream Pattern Printable Activity
Summer Worksheets for Kids
- Smores Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Smore complete sentence game
- Playdough Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Cute Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Fun Summer Color by Number pages to work on number recognition and hand muscles
- Work on writing with these June Writing Prompts
- Seachell Color Playdough Mats – fun summer activities for preschoolers
- Convenient Summer Writing Prompts with ruled lines and pictures to color
- Pool Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- HUGE pack of Garden Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Summer Number Recognition Coloring Worksheets
- Cute Watermelon Seed Counting Worksheet
- Skip Counting Summer Worksheets
- Simple, Free Beach Coloring Pages
- Summer Activity Pages
- Seashell Alphabet Matching Activity
- Firefly Math Printable Counting Game
- Free Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sight Word Mazes – Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sun Summer Tracing Worksheets
- Pool Count and Trace Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Sandcastle Letter Tracing Summer Activities for Kindergarten
In between reading a good book, sneak in some epic fun with these summer activities for kids of all ages:
- 107 Fun Summer Activities
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Frozen Rainbow Science Activities for Preschoolers
- Water Balls Summer Activity
- Simple DIY Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder for Kids
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- June Activity Calendar
- Exploding Watermelon Science
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- How to Make Chalk for Summer FUN
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Printable SUmmer Crafts for Preschoolers
Summer Clip Cards
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!