These super cute popcorn playdough mats are a fun way for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children to practice counting to 10, tracing numbers, learning number words, using a ten frame, and visualizing the value of numbers. These playdough mats are such a cute math activity for preschoolers for your next popcorn theme of for National popcorn day on January 19th. Kids will have fun improving their visual perception while strengthening fine motor skills and counting skills with these number playdough mats. Simply download pdf file with free printable playdough mats and you are ready to play and learn.
These cute popcorn printables are perfect to use with playdough to help toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners count to 10. Use these playdough mats for a hands-on preschool math where they will count 1-10, learn number words, use a ten frame, and make popcorn on their counting mat. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these number playdough mats which help students strengthen their fine motor skill while working on their counting skills and number recognition. Use these for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning, a math or counting activity or as part of an extra activity for those who finish their other work early.
Number Playdough Mats
At the bottom of the post you will find the pdf download file. Download this and print off all the pages. There is one mat for each of the numbers from one through ten. Children will need playdough, popcorn or some other type of counter, crayons, markers or coloring pencils to complete this activity.
Free printable playdough mats
Each page includes 4 activities.
- In the top right hand corner is the number word which children can use a crayon, marker or pencil to trace over while learning to spell the word.
- Just under this is a row of the number in number form which children can trace as well.
- Under this is a ten frame. The number is already marked with popcorn to help young children count the correct number out. They can make balls out of playdough or use popcorn, pom poms or some other type of counter to count the correct number in the ten frame.
- On the left hand side is a popcorn container which children can use popcorn, playdough balls, pom poms or some other type of counter to count out the correct number on.
Printable playdough mats
Though this activity comes in color only, it is a great way for children to learn number recognition, strengthen their fine motor skills while learning to count.
You can use yellow play dough to make the popcorn balls or use real popcorn if you prefer to work on 1:1 correspondence as you put them in the popcorn bucket and in the cute ten frame.
- Dump truck counting mat
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheet
- Animal Counting Activities with animal cookies
- Fingerprint Counting Printables
- Cheeseburger Preschool Counting Activity with stickers
- Fruit Loops Practice Counting Cards
- 5 Little Monkeys Printable
- Sandcastle Playdough Number Mats
- Flower Counting Activity
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Pumpkin Math Kindergarten Addition Practice
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Fingerprint Activity Sheet
- Bowling Counting Cards
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Free Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Number Mats (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Free Printable Number Puzzles
- Number Train Printable Math Activity for counting 1-20
- Plant a Number Line to 10
Math Activities for Preschoolers
If you want more fun number activities for kids to practice counting while having fun, you will love these free counting activities for pre-k:
- Preschool Zoo Printables – count to 10 with animal cookies
- practice ten frame worksheets with this fruit loops activity
- Count to 20 are these Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Silly worm activities for preschoolers – count to 10 with stickers
- Lamb Ten Fame Math Activity
- Flower Number Worksheets
- Color By Code Worksheets
- Birthday Cake Printable Playdough mats
- Fun and FREE Goldfish Counting Printable
- Letter Reversal Popcorn Printables
- Practice sight words with these cute popcorn worksheets
- Preschool Popcorn Craft
- Alphabetize letters A to Z with this fun popcorn printables activity
- Popcorn themed b and d worksheets
- Count to 10 with this cute Popcorn Activity
- LOTS of fun Popcorn Crafts and Activities for National Popcorn Day January 19th
Download Popcorn Playdough Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!