Turkey Balloon Races Game – FUN November Activities for Kids
This fun Turkey Game is both an outrageously fun Thanksgiving activities and a chance to sneak in Fall STEM Activities! This easy-to-set-up Turkey Races is outrageously fun November Activities for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students that teaches a little physics while having FUN! These Turkey science experiments are perfect for the whole family!
I love activities that are both fun and educational! This silly, thanksgiving science experiment is a great way for young children to learn about physics while playing a silly turkey game! In this turkey activities toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students will race their turkey balloons while learning with a november experiments. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this cute thanksgiving activities to play, teach, and learn with some turkey fun as your turkey tries to fly the cope!
All you need to try this clever turkey activity are a few simple materials you probabaly already have at home:
- balloon (we used a brown one)
- construction paper (purple, yellow, orange, red)
- extra large straw (any color)
- XL google eyes
To prep this turkey game, you will need to cut out turkey feathers from construction paper. We used 8 feathers per turkey balloon and we raced 2 turkeys for a total of 16 feathers (give or take)
Now cut out the orange beak and red wattle from construction paper.
Fall Stem Activities
Now blow up your balloon until it is VERY full and clip with a clothespin to hold the air in, but do NOT tie off the balloon! Now affix with tape the XL google eyes, orange beak, and red wattle to turn your balloon into a turkey.
Now tape the feathers around the turkey to make a semi circle of pretty,colorful feathers. The tureky feather plumage definetly makes the turkey!
The last step in preparing for your turkey science experiment is to tape a straw horizontally along the top of your turkey’s balloon body. I suggest using an extra wide straw as it is easier to thread and flies more easily.
attach a string to one side of your space. This turkey race works indoors or outdoors assuming it is not too blustery of a day. We attached our ends to chairs, but you can tape onto a wall, or whatever other surface you like. The balloons aren’t heavy.
Now put the string through the straw on top of your turkey and then attach the other side to another chair or similar. The rope course can be as long or short as you like. We did it so it was about 10 feet part.
Repeat with a 2nd turkey and it’s own rope next to the previous turkey if you’d like to race the balloons. My kids LOVED racing each other =)
Turkey Science Experiments
When you are ready to race, start the turkeys on the same end of the rope and when you say GO, they will release the clothespin, allowing the air to escape and propelling the turkeys forward to race.
Thanksgiving Science Experiments
As the turkeys race to the other side of the rope they will let out all the air trapped in the balloon and end up looking rather silly.
November Science Experiments
So, what is the science part of this silly, fun turkey activity? These balloon races are about understanding the principles of physics, and since this activity is aimed at preschoolers to elementary students we will keep the physics simple. This Turkey Balloon Race is a simple action-reaction experiment.
When you blow up the balloon you are filling it up with air that is under pressure. When the air escapes from the balloon (when you let go of it) the escaping air exerts thrust or force on the balloon which propels it forward. The air escapes backward – the balloon races forward. Action – reaction.
You can always take it a step further:
- ask the kids to make a hypothesis which one will win
- have the turkey race again trying to improve their speed by altering their design
- try making one balloon extra plump with more air and the other turkey smaller with less air; which one do you think will win now?
- read a Plump and Perky Turkey as an extension of other turkeys who flew the cope before Thanksgiving
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft for Preschoolers in November
- EASY Turkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft with Lovely Feathers
- EASY Marble-Painted Turkey Craft Ideas for Kids
- Turkey Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Corn-Painted Name Turkey Craft for Kindergarten
- Paint Swatch Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft for Thanksgiving
- Coffee Filter Turkey Crafts for Preschoolers
- EASY Bubble Wrap Turkey Craft for Kids
- CUTE Thanksgiving Construction Paper Turkey Craft
- FREE Printable “I am Thankful” Turkey Paper Craft
- Simple Construction Paper Turkey Craft for November
- These adorable Turkey Hat Template are fun to make and wear in November
- Make these adorable Turkey Cup Holders to decorate your Thanksgiving table!
- Painted Pine Cone Turkey Craft
- Simple-to-Make Torn Paper Turkey Craft for Preschoolers
- Easy Platic Cup Turkey Craft
- Feathered Paper Plate Turkey Craft
- Thanksful Turkey Hand Art
- Pumpkin Seed Turkey Crafts for Preschool
- Packing Peanut Turkey Craft
- 35 Clever Turkey Craft Ideas
- EASY Pasta Turkey Craft
- Edible Turkey Craft for Kids
- Melting Turkey Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Grow Your Own Crystal Turkey Science Project for November
- Turkey Magic Milk Novemer Science Experiment
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Skittle Turkey Science Activities for November
- Balloon Races Turkey Game – FUN November Activities for Kids
- Dancing Corn Fall Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Growing Feather Turkey Sciene Experiment for November
- Like the Pilgrims did – Making Butter Science Experient with Free Worksheet
- You will love these no prep Free,Thanksgiving Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free Thankgiving BINGO game is sure to be a hit with the entire family!
- Kids will have fun recreating the First Thanksgiving with ourfree Printable Thanksgiving Play with costume suggestions
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets for kids
- Kids will have fun strengthening mortor skills while recreating their favorite food with these Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
- Don’t miss our free printable Thanksgiving Pictionary for Families! It is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- Feed the Turkey Game
- Thanksgiving Grattitude Challenge
- Add some laughter to your Thanksgiving table with these free printable Thanksgiving napkin holders with jokes
Thanksgiving Language Arts
- This fun-to-color Thanksgiving story for kindergarten pdf will help kids learn about the First Thanksgiving.
- Kids will have fun practicing sight words with these super cute, NO PREP, Thanksgiving Color by Sight Word
- Sight Word Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten is a fun way for kids to practice reading Looking for another fun word family activity?
- Working on Word Families with Turkey Word Family Sort Thanksgiving Activities for Kindergarten or our Pumpkin Pie Word Family Puzzles
- Kids will have fun practicing spelling with this Free Thanksgiving Create-a-Word Activity
- Keep kids practicing writing skills with these no prep,Thanksgiving Creative Writing Prompts
- Super cute Turkey Sight Word Mats
- Free Thanksgiving Writing Prompts or this Thanksgiving Writing Prompt
- Create-a-Word Thanksgiving Spelling Activity
- Work on color recognition with these printable Turkey Feathers activity or these Turkey Coloring Pages
- Listen for beginning sounds as you complete these adorable, Free Printable Build-a Turkey Activities
- Pumpkin Pie Phonics is a fun Thanksgiving Activities for Kidnergarten to practice identifying the sounds letters make
- Help kids work on letter recognition with these Thanksgiving Color by Letter where they will reveal fun hidden pictures!
- Practice tracing upper and lower case letters while working on beginning sounds with these Pumpkin Activities.
- ABC Turkey File Folder Game
- Kids will have fun working on letter recognition with these Letter Find Free Pumpkin Printables
- Or work on addition with these fun, Color byNumber Thanksgiving Worksheets
- Kids will have fun working on Number Sense with these adorable Pumpkin Math puzzles
- Help kids work on number sense with these adorable Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Puzzles
- Work on number recognitoin with these Thanksgiving Color by Number Worksheets
- Kids will have fun practicing counting with this Thanksgiving Math Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Activity
- Make a Pumpkin Pie Craft to practice counting
- Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Thanskgiving math activity is a great way to practice counting and writing numbers too
- Kids will have fun using marshmallows or cotton balls in this 1:1 Pumpkin Pie Correspondence Thanksgiving Math activity
- Pumpkin Number Bonds to 10 Worksheets are a fun, NO PREP way to practice math in October
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Counting Puzzles
- Thanksgiving I Spy Printable Worksheet
- This adorable Turkey Math Craft is a fun hands-on thanksgiving math activities for preschoolers
- Kids will love this cute feathers counting Turkey Activty for Preschoolers
- These Spin and Cover Turkey Activities are a fun way to sneak in some math in November
- Practice Counting by 10s with this cute Turkey Skip Counting Activity
- Work on counting to 100 with these FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets
- This Pumpkin Patch Addition Game is a fun way to practice addition in October (color or black & white)
- Kids can solve the math problems in this Pumpkin Math Activity over and over again to achieve fluency!
- My kids love activities that involve food! Thesecandy corn Turkey Counting and tracing number mats are loads of fun!
- Turkey Colour Matching Game with dot markers
Nevermind, you unhook the clothespin. 🙂