We are always on the look-out for fun, hands-on thanksgiving activities for November! This turkey slime is such a great recipe with so many fun, engaging turkey activities for preschool, pre-k, toddler, kindergarten, and first graders too! So grab a couple simple materials and you are ready to play and learn this fall.
You are going to want to dig in to this fluffy turkey slime recipe! Not only is this slime recipe for fall perfect for squishing, dripping, strentching,and sheeting – it is perfect for turkey activities too! Use the thanksgiving activities for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love playing with this november activity for kids!
All you need for this fun slime recipe for thanksgiving are a few simple materials you probably already have on hand:
- 3-4 cups shaving cream (white foaming kind)
- 1/2 cup white washable school glue
- 1 Tablespoon saline solution (must containt sodium borate / boric acid as an ingredient)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- brown food coloring
- OPTIONAL: colorful feathers, google eyes, pipe cleaners, wattle and beak cut-outs from craft foam
Turkey Activities for Preschoolers
Start by adding shaving cream, baking soda and glue to your bowl. Now add brown food coloring. Finlly add the saline solution to activate the slime part. Mix together until you get a slimey texture that isn’t sticky.
Thanksgiving Activities for Preschoolers
Now it’s time to play with your slime! Their is no wrong way to play with your slime. You can watch it flow, build with it, stretch it. squeeze, it or roll it out.
Playing with slime is great for strengthening hand muscles for youg kids and exploring cause and effect.
Since we were using this acivity as a turkey activity for kids, we decided to turn our slime into turkeys. This is such a fun play activity with this sensory material. You can use anything you have on hand. We opted to set-out colorful turkey feathers and craft foam cut into brown circles, orange beak, red wattle, and google eyes.
Turkey activities for preschool
This would be a fun thing to give away to classmates or students to share why you are thankful for them. You could easily put this in a clear container that you decorate to make it look like a turkey!
Turkey Activity for Kids
Their are so many fun ways to play with your thanksgiving dough and turn it into a turkey. We used pipe cleaners too. The options are endless! Feel free to use whatever you have on hand!
Turkey Activity Ideas
This is such a fun way to play with kids of all ages in November. Use this in a turkey them or a thanksgiving theme with kids of all ages in November!
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft for Preschoolers in November
- EASY Turkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft with Lovely Feathers
- EASY Marble-Painted Turkey Craft Ideas for Kids
- Turkey Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Corn-Painted Name Turkey Craft for Kindergarten
- Paint Swatch Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft for Thanksgiving
- Coffee Filter Turkey Crafts for Preschoolers
- EASY Bubble Wrap Turkey Craft for Kids
- CUTE Thanksgiving Construction Paper Turkey Craft
- FREE Printable “I am Thankful” Turkey Paper Craft
- Simple Construction Paper Turkey Craft for November
- These adorable Turkey Hat Template are fun to make and wear in November
- Make these adorable Turkey Cup Holders to decorate your Thanksgiving table!
- Painted Pine Cone Turkey Craft
- Simple-to-Make Torn Paper Turkey Craft for Preschoolers
- Easy Platic Cup Turkey Craft
- Feathered Paper Plate Turkey Craft
- Thanksful Turkey Hand Art
- Pumpkin Seed Turkey Crafts for Preschool
- Packing Peanut Turkey Craft
- 35 Clever Turkey Craft Ideas
- EASY Pasta Turkey Craft
- Edible Turkey Craft for Kids
- Melting Turkey Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Grow Your Own Crystal Turkey Science Project for November
- Turkey Magic Milk Novemer Science Experiment
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Skittle Turkey Science Activities for November
- Balloon Races Turkey Game – FUN November Activities for Kids
- Dancing Corn Fall Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Growing Feather Turkey Sciene Experiment for November
- Like the Pilgrims did – Making Butter Science Experient with Free Worksheet
- You will love these no prep Free,Thanksgiving Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free Thankgiving BINGO game is sure to be a hit with the entire family!
- Kids will have fun recreating the First Thanksgiving with ourfree Printable Thanksgiving Play with costume suggestions
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets for kids
- Kids will have fun strengthening mortor skills while recreating their favorite food with these Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
- Don’t miss our free printable Thanksgiving Pictionary for Families! It is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- Feed the Turkey Game
- Thanksgiving Grattitude Challenge
- Add some laughter to your Thanksgiving table with these free printable Thanksgiving napkin holders with jokes
Thanksgiving Language Arts
- This fun-to-color Thanksgiving story for kindergarten pdf will help kids learn about the First Thanksgiving.
- Kids will have fun practicing sight words with these super cute, NO PREP, Thanksgiving Color by Sight Word
- Sight Word Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten is a fun way for kids to practice reading Looking for another fun word family activity?
- Working on Word Families with Turkey Word Family Sort Thanksgiving Activities for Kindergarten or our Pumpkin Pie Word Family Puzzles
- Kids will have fun practicing spelling with this Free Thanksgiving Create-a-Word Activity
- Keep kids practicing writing skills with these no prep,Thanksgiving Creative Writing Prompts
- Super cute Turkey Sight Word Mats
- Free Thanksgiving Writing Prompts or this Thanksgiving Writing Prompt
- Create-a-Word Thanksgiving Spelling Activity
- Work on color recognition with these printable Turkey Feathers activity or these Turkey Coloring Pages
- Listen for beginning sounds as you complete these adorable, Free Printable Build-a Turkey Activities
- Pumpkin Pie Phonics is a fun Thanksgiving Activities for Kidnergarten to practice identifying the sounds letters make
- Help kids work on letter recognition with these Thanksgiving Color by Letter where they will reveal fun hidden pictures!
- Practice tracing upper and lower case letters while working on beginning sounds with these Pumpkin Activities.
- ABC Turkey File Folder Game
- Kids will have fun working on letter recognition with these Letter Find Free Pumpkin Printables
- Or work on addition with these fun, Color byNumber Thanksgiving Worksheets
- Kids will have fun working on Number Sense with these adorable Pumpkin Math puzzles
- Help kids work on number sense with these adorable Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Puzzles
- Work on number recognitoin with these Thanksgiving Color by Number Worksheets
- Kids will have fun practicing counting with this Thanksgiving Math Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Activity
- Make a Pumpkin Pie Craft to practice counting
- Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Thanskgiving math activity is a great way to practice counting and writing numbers too
- Kids will have fun using marshmallows or cotton balls in this 1:1 Pumpkin Pie Correspondence Thanksgiving Math activity
- Pumpkin Number Bonds to 10 Worksheets are a fun, NO PREP way to practice math in October
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Counting Puzzles
- Thanksgiving I Spy Printable Worksheet
- This adorable Turkey Math Craft is a fun hands-on thanksgiving math activities for preschoolers
- Kids will love this cute feathers counting Turkey Activty for Preschoolers
- These Spin and Cover Turkey Activities are a fun way to sneak in some math in November
- Practice Counting by 10s with this cute Turkey Skip Counting Activity
- Work on counting to 100 with these FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets
- This Pumpkin Patch Addition Game is a fun way to practice addition in October (color or black & white)
- Kids can solve the math problems in this Pumpkin Math Activity over and over again to achieve fluency!
- My kids love activities that involve food! Thesecandy corn Turkey Counting and tracing number mats are loads of fun!
- Turkey Colour Matching Game with dot markers