Teach kids how food goes from field to table as you work on math sequencing with this hands-on sequencing activity for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students. These Farm sequence cards are such a fun, super cute, free printable that works great as part of a farm theme or any other time you want to sneak in a fun math activity for preschoolers.
Sequencing is an important concept for kids to develop as it allows them to begin recognizing patterns which makes the world around them more predictable. This is an important skill to help them with reading comprehension and exploring how the world works and science. These sequencing cards help toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students figure out how bread, oranges, milk, chocolate, and grapes go from produce to the product your students eat at the dinner table.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these fun farm to table cards! Kids will have fun learning how different farm products are made plus working on sequencing or putting things in order from what happens first, next, later, and last. Use this in a science center, farm theme, math center, or extra math practice.
Plus don’t miss our ABC Printables, math activities for preschoolers, learning preschool colors, fun preschool themes, tons of free playdough mats, cute preschool crafts, tons of free printable preschool worksheets, and many preschool book list.
Free printable sequencing activities for preschoolers
Sequencing cards pdf
These super cute sequencing activity is a fun way for kids to learn how food goes from the farm field to table. This is great for science and to help kids to recognize the steps to complete a task and the order they should go in.
Print the pages on cardstock for durability or laminate for durability as many students use this activity in your classroom. Now cut the pages apart into cards. There are 4 cards per page each with a cute clipart image and a simple explanation for what is happening in the picture. There are about 7 cards per sequencing activities.
Free printable sequencing cards
There are sequencing picture cards for the following food items:
Wheat Sequencing Cards
Wheat grows in a field. Wheat is cut down. Wheat is taken to the mill. Wheat is ground into flour. Flour is combined with other ingredients in a bowl to make dough. The dough is baked in an oven. Bread is sold in a store.
Chocolate Sequencing Cards
Cocoa Pods grow on trees. The cocoa pod shells are crack open to get beans. The cocoa beans are fermented. Cocoa beans are roasted to bring out their flavor. The beans are ground into powder. Mix the cocoa powder with other ingredients like sugar and milk to make chocolate. Pour the chocolate into molds to form chocolate bars.
Milk Sequencing Cards
Cows graze on green grass in the field. Cows are milked 1-2 times daily. The milk is pasteurized or heated to kill any bacteria. Milk is cooled to keep it fresh and put in bottles. Milk bottles are sent in trucks to stores. You can buy a galloon of milk at he supermarket.
Grape Sequencing Cards
Grapes grow in clusters on vines in a field. Grapes are picked with they are ripe and plump. Next the fruit is sent to process at a plant. Now the concord grapes are cooked to kill bacteria and remove seeds and peel. The purple mixture is canned as jam. The grape jelly is transported and sold in local grocery stores.
Orange Sequencing Cards
Oranges grow on trees in warm areas of the world. Ripe oranges are picked from the tree. The fruit is sent to a processing plant. The juice is removed from the oranges and the seeds are discarded. The juice is heated to pasteurize the liquid. Orange juice is bottled. Finally the orange juice is transported to be distributed to be sold.
Sequencing cards for preschool
Students will put the cards in order to reflect the sequence of events of these produce to a finished product. This is a great science activity for preschoolers!
Help the kids learn about sequence for kids to understand how cow to milk and oranges to orange juice happens. This is such a fun, hands-on teaching tool!
Free sequencing activities
Looking for more fun and free sequencing activities including cut and paste worksheets, hands on activities, and more for early learners? Try these:
- Fall Sequencing Activities for Preschoolers
- Printable Fall Sequencing Worksheets
- Field to Table Farm Products Sequence Cards
- What we eat Farm to Table Sequencing Worksheets
- Making Hot Chocolate Worksheet – a sequencing activity
- Sequencing Planting a Seed Worksheet
- There was an old lady who swallowed some snow activities – fun sequencing activities
- Free Gingerbread Man Sequencing Activity
- Build a Snowman Worksheet
- Months of the Year Sequencing Activities for Kindergarten
Farm Activities for Preschool
- Printable Puzzle Farm animals and their babies
- Farm cutting practice worksheets, Farm themed free printable cutting activities for preschoolers, Super cute Farm Coloring Pages,
- Farm Animal Tracing Worksheets, I Spy Farm Animals Printables, Life on the Farm Hidden pictures printable
- Do-a-Dot NUMBERS Farm Worksheets, Counting farm animals worksheet 1-10, Number Sense Puzzles – Farm Activities for Preschoolers
- Printable Farm Scavenger Hunt for Kids, FREE Farm Animal Puppet Printables
- Farm Writing Numbers in Words Worksheets
- Fun-to-Read Farm Books for Preschool
- Free Farm Color by Number Worksheets, Seasons worksheet about life on the farm, Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- CUTE Preschool Farm Activities Free Worksheets to work on a variety of skills, HUGE Farm Animals Worksheet Pack
- Lots of CLEVER Farm Activities for Kids, Educational Farm Activities, fun Farm Theme Preschool
- Sequencing Cards – farm to table jam, milk, bread, chocolate, eggs, and orange juice (matching sequencing worksheets)
- Farm Kindergarten Sight Words Games, Printable Farm CVC Words Activity, or Money Farm Worksheets
- Tractor Worksheets for practicing making alphabet letters, Farm Alphabet Mats
- Counting Farm Animals Readers, Farm Free printable books for beginning readers
- Super cute free printable Farm Worksheets for Kindergarten, Huge set of Free Farm Worksheets for Kindergarten, C is for Cow letter of the week
- Farm Building Sentences Cut and Paste Reader, Farm ABC Order Worksheets, Simple Sentences for Kindergarten Worksheet – Farm theme
- Farm Writing Prompts or these On the Farm Writing Prompts, Kindergarten Farm Unit – over 220+ pages for Preschool, Kindergarten, & 1st Grade
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!