Work on literacy skills with this cute winter rhyming words activity featuring cute pigs in a snowbank. These rhyming words worksheets have children identify rhyming cvc words and color them the same color. Simply print rhyming worksheets to play and learn with preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students.
Winter Rhyming Words
Work on identifying words that rhyme with this winter rhyming words activities! Use these printable rhyming worksheets with preschoolers an dkindergartners to sound out, read, and identify similar patterns in CVC word on a stuck in the snow pig image and find the matching rhyming short vowel sound and then color the two pigs the same color. This rhyming worksheet printable is basically a print and go activity.
Printable rhyming worksheets
Rhyming words worksheets
- A4 paper
Print as many worksheets as needed for your students. Be sure to have one worksheet per student OR you can make this a group game where two pairs of students work on one printable. You could also choose to laminate the cards and use them with dry erase markers.
I LOVE using new ways to practice rhyming skills – they are so much fun for kids and best of all, they are quick to setup and play! Use these cards to help kids learn to read and identify rhyming and CVC short vowel words. We know that with learning, repetition and practice is key. Kids will be motivated to find and color two matching ‘pigs in the snow’ to identify the rhyming pair on this printable.
I always encourage kids to read the CVC word first, then to look for the rhyming pair.
Rhyming words worksheet for kindergarten
After you’ve printed and laminated (optional) the sheets, place them on the table and show the kids what they need to do. They read the CVC word on a pig image, then perhaps identify the short vowel sound, then they look for a matching rhyming CVC word on another pig. The words on this printable have equal pairs.
Rhyming Worksheets Preschool
So each pig stuck in the snow should have a matching pig (rhyming word). CVC words can be difficult for kindergarten kids. Encourage them to work on their reading and rhyming skills with this set of fun printables!
Looking for more practice rhyming? Practice does make perfect as the saying goes. We have lots free rhyming printables to help your children get lots of practice – from puzzles, matching activities, worksheets, games, activities and more. Plus don’t miss these rhyming books for kindergarten.
- These rhyming word worksheet pages are super cute and perfect for practice anytime!
- We have lots of fun rhyming puzzles to choose: simple rhyming words for kindergarten, robot rhyming activities, pencil rhyming word activity, or baseball cvc rhyming words
- These clipcards allow students to practice rhyming pictures
- Work on phonics skills with this rhyming ng words for kids game
- Lights… Camera…. RHYME! Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities for Kindergarten
- Cooking up Rhymes Kindergarten Rhyming Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun Rhyming Games for Pre-k (cute school glue theme)
- No one does rhymes like Dr Seuss! Try our free printable Green Eggs and Ham Worksheets or One Fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Rhyming Games
- Find the missing words Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Hey Diddle Diddle rhyming pictures activity
- For your super-hero fan, you’ll love these superhero literacy rhyming mats
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words or these
- Pumpkin Worksheets and games that work on rhyming
- In December, try these rhming christmas worksheets for kindergarten or these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Check out these winter rhyming puzzles to choose from: hot cocoa puzzle winter activities for kindergarten, hat winter theme activity ideas for kinderarten, cute mitten activities for kindergarten matching rhymes
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Looking for spring rhymes? Try these bunny spring rhyming words worksheets, cute egg puzzles with Easter rhyming words, butterfly printable rhyming games, planting tulips rhyming activity for kindergarten, st patricks day donut rhyming game, rhyming words on these flower worksheets
- or these rainbow activities for kindergarten matching rhyming w0rds
- In summer you’ll love this watermelon rhyming activity these flower rhyming worksheets, this matching rhymes summer activity for kindergarten, beehive Rhyming Games for Preschoolers
- or this cute smore Matching Rhyming Words Activity
- Rhyming with Valentine’s Day cut and paste worksheets
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Super cute rhyming words worksheets pdf
- Short e CVC Words Cut & Paste Booklet
- Scarecrow CVC Word Mats
- CVC Games Kindergarten
- Free Printable CVC Word Search Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Hands-on CVC Words valentine cvc worksheets
- CVC words with pictures pdf Printable
- Color-the-Letter to spell the picture, Free Printable CVCe Worksheets
- Free Printable Short Vowel Worksheets
- Short a Worksheets Cut & paste Booklet
- Pirate cvc words short a
- Short A Books free Emergent Reader
- Detective Short e cvc worksheets
- Short i Words cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short I Words Emergent Reader
- Farm short i cvc words worksheets
- Short o Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet
- Scarecrow Short o Words Printable
- Short u Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet
- Short u CVC words Printable cut and paste activity
- CVC Words Middle Sounds in Words Clip Cards
- CVC Ending Sounds Clip Cards or this other set of CVC Ending Sound clip cards
- Missing Vowels Puzzles Free Clip Cards
- See TONS of fun an dfree CVC Activities here!
Rhyming words worksheets pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please purchase a classroom licensed version here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!