Help kids learn to look for differences in letters with this fun Visual Discrimination Activities for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1. Use this bee themed activity as colorful sorting mats or cut and paste worksheets.
Preschool kids will love sorting between letters with holes and no holes with this fun bee themed Visual Discrimination Activity! These mats are no prep, just print the template mat (colour or black and white) and then laminate it the bee cutouts and you’re set. I just love educational activities that make learning fun for kids!
Letter Sort Visual Discrimination
For these mats, you can choose to laminate it and sort the letters to the correct bee hive sorting mat. If you prefer, you can use this as a visual discrimination cut and paste worksheet for sorting based on visual discrimination.
Visual Discrimination Activities
Use this super simple activity to help kids learn to discriminate and differentiate between the letters of the alphabet. Learning to do this is essential as it allows the kids to notice the small differences between the letters to identify the look of the letters with holes and no holes and place them into the correct beehive. You can also have the kids write the letters they sorted in their books. This is the easiest way you could set that up, but also plenty of other ways if you find that doesn’t work for you.
This sorting activity can be played in a group, in fact it works great ina group of 2-3 kids. Have them sort the bees in pairs or 3’s. You will then see them talking about each letters and identifying its features. You could also totally have them glue the bees into the beehives. If you print in black and white even better!
Kids will love sorting the alphabet letters and talking about their features, it will help them identify the alphabet more easily too, and this in turn provides a photo memory of each letter as they sort through them.
Bee Activities for Kids
- Bee Counting Game
- National Honey Bee Day Activities for August 17th
- B is for Bee Handprint art
- Bee Number 1-12 Worksheets
- Sorting letters with curves and no curves Bee Activity for Preschoolers
- Sorinting bees – Bee Printable Visual Discrimination
- Ten Frame Bee Math
- Bee Theme for Preschoolers
- Rhyming Match Beehive Jive
- Potato Stamped Bumble Bee Craft
- Letter B Printable Weekly Theme for Preschoolers
Visual Discrimination Worksheets Free
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!