This fun sorting bees activity is a great way to help children work on visual discrimination. Using the bee printables children will sort the letters into hives based on if the letter has curves or no curves. This letter discrimination activity is handy for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children. Plus this alphabet activities for preschoolers has a fun bee themed mats! Simply print alphabet sorting worksheet and you are ready to play and learn!
What is visual discrimination
Basically, visual discrimination is when children can notice differences in letters, numbesr, and pictures so they can recognize them or classify them. For toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners learning letter discimination to tell alphabet letters apart can be tricky. This fun straight and curved lines kindergarten activity helps children to start noticing the difference between letters.
- A4 paper
For these mats, you can choose to laminate it or place it into a plastic sleeve. I used it in a binder as an insert. You can do it either way. Laminating it is a great option if you’re just wanting to use it year on year.
Straight and curved lines kindergarten
Use this super simple activity to help kids learn to discriminate and differentiate between the letters of the alphabet. Learning to do this is essential as it allows the kids to notice the small differences between the letters to identify the look of the letters with curves and no curves and place them into the correct beehive. You can also have the kids write the letters they sorted in their books. This is the easiest way you could set that up, but also plenty of other ways if you find that doesn’t work for you.
This sorting activity can be played in a group, in fact it works great in a group of 2-3 kids. Have them sort the bees in pairs or 3’s. You will then see them talking about each letter and identifying its features. You could also totally have them glue the bees into the beehives. If you print in black and white even better!
Kids will love sorting the alphabet letters and talking about their features, it will help them identify the alphabet more easily too, and this in turn provides a photo memory of each letter as they sort through them.
Bee Activities for Kids
- Bee Counting Game
- National Honey Bee Day Activities for August 17th
- B is for Bee Handprint art
- Bee Number 1-12 Worksheets
- Sorting letters with curves and no curves Bee Activity for Preschoolers
- Sorinting bees – Bee Printable Visual Discrimination
- Ten Frame Bee Math
- Bee Theme for Preschoolers
- Rhyming Match Beehive Jive
- Potato Stamped Bumble Bee Craft
- Letter B Printable Weekly Theme for Preschoolers
Alphabet Printables for Preschoolers
- Handy, Free Alphabet Chart
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Printables
- Fruit Loop or Skittle Alphabet Mat
- Alphabet Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Bug Find the Letter Worksheets pdf
- Tracing Alphabet Popsicles Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Watermelon Seed Alphabet Mats Summer Activity for Preschoolers
Alphabet activities for preschoolers
- Apple is for Apple Printable teaching beginning sounds from A to Z
- Flower Begining Sound Activity
- Traceable Alphabet Preschool Apple Activity
- Letter Crafts – we have a free printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Simple preschool alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- Animal Alphabet Worksheets – dab the letter and trace the uppercase and lower case letters
- Printable Letter Mazes
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
Plus don’t miss our MANY preschool worksheets, fun alphabet printables, hands-on preschool math, clever ideas to learn colors, complete preschool themes, lots of playdoh mats, cute preschool crafts, and fantastic preschool books on our Preschool Play and Learn website.
Visual Discrimination Worksheets Free
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!