Preschool kids will love sorting between letters with curves and no curves with this fun bee themed mats! These mats are no prep, just print the mat (colour or black and white) and then laminate it and the bee cutouts and you’re set.
Letter Sort Bees – Curves or no Curves
- A4 paper
For these mats, you can choose to laminate it or place it into a plastic sleeve. I used it in a binder as an insert. You can do it either way. Laminating it is a great option if you’re just wanting to use it year on year.
Letter Sort Bees – Curves or No Curves
Use this super simple activity to help kids learn to discriminate and differentiate between the letters of the alphabet. Learning to do this is essential as it allows the kids to notice the small differences between the letters to identify the look of the letters with curves and no curves and place them into the correct beehive. You can also have the kids write the letters they sorted in their books. This is the easiest way you could set that up, but also plenty of other ways if you find that doesn’t work for you.
This sorting activity can be played in a group, in fact it works great in a group of 2-3 kids. Have them sort the bees in pairs or 3’s. You will then see them talking about each letter and identifying its features. You could also totally have them glue the bees into the beehives. If you print in black and white even better!
Kids will love sorting the alphabet letters and talking about their features, it will help them identify the alphabet more easily too, and this in turn provides a photo memory of each letter as they sort through them.
Bee Activities for Kids
- Bee Counting Game
- National Honey Bee Day Activities for August 17th
- B is for Bee Handprint art
- Bee Counting 1-20
- Bee Theme for Preschoolers
- Rhyming Match Beehive Jive
- Letter B Printable Weekly Theme for Preschoolers
Visual Discrimination Worksheets Free
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!