Celebrate the arrival of spring with a pretty Paper Plate Rainbow project! This easy rainbow craft for preschoolers uses a fun pom pom painitng technique to work on color recognition, fine motor skills, and more whiel creating a beautiful rainbow art and craft! Use this rainbow craft preschool, toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders as a spring craft for preschoolers or a st patricks day craft. Either way, add this to your rainbow craft ideas for a really pretty project your kids can do themselves!
Paper Plate Rainbow
I get so excited with the arriavel of springtime in March, April, and May. I love the warming weather and how nature starts waking up! April showers not only bring flowers and lvoely green grass, they bring beautiful rainbows that delight children as well as adults! Have fun with your next rainbow theme or spring theme by adding this rainbow art project to your list! This paper plate rainbow is super easy to make and kids will love that they can make it pretty much on their own! Toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students will proudly display their rainbow craft preschool! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love making this pretty rainbow craft together. Use this at home, in the classroom, daycare, and more!
rainbow craft for preschoolers
To make this simple rainbow out of a paper plate, all you need are a few simple materials you probabaly already have on hand:
- white paper plate
- washale markers (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple)
- ~24 cotton balls (for both paint brushes and clouds)
- 6 clothespins
- washable liquid paint (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple)
- egg carton or other conatiner or plate to hold paint
rainbow craft preschool
Start by carefully cutting the plate in half with scissors.
paper plate rainbow craft
Then, as a visual for where to paint – use markers to draw arch lines of rainbow colors even placed on the half circle plate with red the outer most, then orange, yellow, green, blue,and purple as the tiny small inner half circle. Although this part is technically optional, it really helps make sure the colors in the rainbow are evenly spaced and there is room for all of them.
Rainbow craft ideas
Now pour paint into seperate sections of an empty egg cartoon, plate, or other paint holder. You will need red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple – all the colors of the rainbow.
Next make a clever paintbrush for a unique rainbow painting project! Grab a clothespin and push on the clothespin so it latches onto a piece of cotton. This is your fun paint brush. Repeat so you have a clothespin paint brush for each color.
Ready to paint? On a surface you’e covered with newspaper, outside, or that is okay if it gets a little paint, place your rainbow plate, paints, and clothespin brushes. Now dip the cotton ball in paint (starting with the outermost layer) and paint the ring of the rainbow that corresponds to that color.
When you finish that color, continue with the next cotton ball in another color. Continue until you’ve painted each of the 6 color spaces. Try to cover all the white spaces so all you see are bright, bold colors.
Rainbow art and craft
Once your project has dried completely. Use liquid school glue to attach cotton balls along the straight bottom edge with glue so the rainbow looks like it is coming out of the clouds.
Spring craft for preschoolers
You can hang your rainbow craft for children on the fridge or a window and let it brighten up any space for spring. Doesn’t it look so pretty with the light shinning through the paint – it makes it almost glow.
Isn’t that such a fun, pretty rainbow craft project! Kids will love that they can make it with minimul adult help!
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- I Spy St Patricks Day Printables
- St Patricks Coloring Pages
- Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables Write The Room
- Clover Letter Find St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Clover Pattern Strips – FREE St Patrick’s Day Printables for Preschool
St patrick’s day printables
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
- March Writing Prompts Calendar
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- St Patricks Day Slime Activity for Kids
- Color by Number Leprechaun Hat Template Free
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- St Patricks Day Science – Skittle Science Activity
- 30+ Creative St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over the Rainbow St Patricks Day Handprint Craft
- 7 Cute Handprint St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Leprechaun SLIME – St Patricks Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Mr Lucky Shamrock Craft for St Patricks Day
- Pot of Gold Glitter Slime – St Patricks Day Activity
- St Patricks Day Playdough Activity for Preschoolers
- Shamrock Craft – St Patricks Day Art Project for Kids with black glue
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Rainbow Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun rainbow activity ideas? Check these out!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Foam Rainbow Puzzle Activity for Preschoolers
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Delicious Rainbow Stem scienc with jelly beans
- Rainbow Handprint Craft
- Easy Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft for Spring
- Rainbow Toast makes a yummy snack!
- Super cute Rainbow Math with a DIY abacus activity
- Rainbow Painting with Cars Activity
- Free printable Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Craft Stick Rainbow Craft
- Rainbow Rhyming Activity for Kindergarten
- Rainbow Worksheets for kids
- Free Connect the Dot Rainbow Printable for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Playdough Shape Mat
- Lots of fun ideas in this Rainbow Preschool Theme
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Color Mixing Science – St Patricks Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Grow a Shamrock Activity – St Patricks Day Science for Kids
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!