Study recycling with your preschooler using this Recycling Preschool Theme! Your kids will love these engaging recycling activities for preschoolers that will teach them about the importance of recycling to protect our earth. We have recycling printables and crafts. Use these recycling for preschoolers ideas with toddler, pre-k, and kindergarten age students.
Recycling Preschool Theme
Little kids love learning about recycling! Perhaps it’s because they watch us recycle every day. And they wonder what happens to all of the paper, cans, and plastics. Either way, children have a natural interest and curiosity which makes recycling a great topic to include as a weekly theme. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love all these clever resources to make your own recycling activities for kids.
Use these recycling ideas for kids for making your recycling lesson plan for preschool, toddlers, kindergartners, and preschoolers. Whether you use them at home or in the classroom – these are great recycling projects for kids!
Preschool Recycling Crafts
We have so many fun recycling crafts for preschoolers to inspired children to take care of planet Earth! From making your own paper to reusing broken crayon pieces, DIY bird feeders, andmore – we’ve got lots of recycled crafts for kids.
- Make paper with your kids from Teaching Ideas
- Melt crayons to create new crayons from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Create faces from recyclables from Pickle Bums
- Put together a moving windmill recycled craft from Emma Owl
- Create a DIY gift box using a recycled plastic bottle from REd Ted Art
- Make egg carton bird masks from Blue Bird Wood
- Try a milk carton pen pot source
- Feed birds using a plastic bottle bird feeder from Natural Beach Living
Preschool Recycling Math Activities
Use these fun math activities to add to your recycling theme to sneak in some math practice! We have so many recycling activities to try!
- Practice a 3R sorting activity from Fluffy tots
- Count using a recycling bin counting activity from J4 Daniel’s Mom
- Solve recycling truck number puzzles source
- Make a cardboard math learning board from Hello Wonderful
Preschool Recycling Literacy Activities
Help pre kinders practice homophones, alphabet letters, sight words, and more with these clever, free printable activities!
- Solve an Earth Day Homophone Puzzl
- Print an alphabet printables books on recycled paper
- Reuse paper cups with a fun Feed the Dog sight word game
- Create a road for recycling trucks playing a crazy roads preschool sight words game
Recycling Activities for Preschoolers
These fun, engaging recycling activities are sure to help kids get excited about saving the planet.
- Make clear bioplastics as a fun science experiment with your kids from Steam Powered Family
- Complete a paper versus plastic experiment from Teach Me Mommy
- Enjoy a Recycle, Reuse, Reduce sorting activity from A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Use recycled newspapers for some fun STEM activities the Wise Owl Factory
- Put together an upcycled catapult from Go Science
- Teach your kids about pollution with air, land, and water activities from Natural Beach Living
- Try recycled container printing from Pickle Bums
Grab these recycling worksheets, activity sheets, and free recycling worksheet pages for some engaging learning with a fun recycling theme.
- Super cute, simple, free printable Earth Day Coloring Sheets
- How cute are these free Printable Earth Day Hats for students to make! This is the ultimate in no prep recycling crafts
- Lego Community Helpers Printable Challenge for kids to larn about garbage collectors in our community
- Community Helpers Printables – Spin the Wheel
- Do a Dot Landforms for Kids Printable to help kids learn more about the habitats on the planet we are trying to protect!
Recyclying Books for Preschoolers
Use one of these two options for using books in your recycling theme:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Or read your favorite book each of the week. Don’t worry about boring your kids as they love repetition so don’t worry about boring them!
Pick one or all of these 5 excellent books to read with your preschoolers.
Preschool Theme Ideas
Looking for more preschool themes? You will love our ever growing themes complete with themed crafts, activities, math, literacy, and more ideas!
- Back to School Theme Preschool perfect for the first week of school
- Animal Theme for Preschoolers filled with fun Preschool Animal Activities
- Robot Preschool Theme with lots of Robot Activities for Preschoolers
- Colorful Rainbow Theme Preschool
- Get ready for a hoppin good time with this Frog Theme Preschool
- Easter Preschool Theme perfect for celebrating Easter in the spring
- Fun Pumpkin Theme Preschool for October
- Spring is here and it’s time to celebrate with a fun Picnic Theme Preschool
- Lots of fun Earth Day Activities for Preschoolers with this Earth Day Theme!
- Summer watermelon theme filled with watermelon activities for preschoolers
- Spring Theme perfect for pre-k and kindergarten age students
- Dinosaur Preschool Theme filled with HUGE fun for little learners
- Bug Theme filled with fun insect activities for preschoolers
- See all of our preschool themes!
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic