Kids will love this super cute, free printable pumpkin shapes activity! The happy face pumpkins are such a fun way for toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students to learn shapes for kids! Simply use play doh and these shape playdough mats. This is such a fun, hands on math activity for October and November!
We love using engaging activities to make learning fun for kids. We’ve found that using ideas that fit into a theme holds children’s interest better and helps them to get excited about learning. This pumpkin theme math activity for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners is such a fun way to help kids learn shapes and shape names while having fun in October and November. There is a free shape playdough mat for learning to make a star, diamond, square, hexagon, octagon, square, rectangle, triangle, diamond, circle, and heart.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this hands on shape activity for making math fun! Use these shape mats as extra practice, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Pumpkin shapes printable
Free pumpkin printables
Super cute shape printables to help kids work on shape recognition! Simply print in color on cardstock or laminate for durability.
Cut each page into four shape cards. Kids are ready to learn about shapes; star, diamond, square, hexagon, octagon, square, rectangle, triangle, diamond, circles, and hearts.
Math activity for Preschoolers
Start out by writing how many sides the shape has at the bottom. (If you laminate the playdough cards, students can use dry erase markers)
Printable pumpkin shape
You can either make playdough shape pumpkins or roll playdough into a worm and shape into a pumpkin shape. This is not only great for shape recognition and early math, but also for strengthening hand muscles.
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Pumpkin Playdough Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!