Spring is here and we are loving all things rainbow. This rainbow math is such a fun way for toddler, prsechool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children to practice counting to 20 this spring. This number activitity for preschoolers is sure to be a huge hit as children thread beads and count to twenty, practicing not only number sense, but improving fine motor skills and pincer grasp too! Simply download pdf file with rainbow printables and you are ready for this spring activities for preschoolers.
Number Activity for Preschoolers
This number game for preschoolers, kindergartners, and toddlers is the perfect hands-on math activity for spring! The cute rainbow theme will work on multiple algebraic thinking skills while completing this preschool spring activities. In addition, you student will work on 1:1 correspondence and number recognition with this number activity for preschoolers. Use this rainbow counting for a St Patricks Day theme or a spring spring theme at home, at a math center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeshool math curriculum.. Finally, your preschool child is going to fine-tuning their fine motor skills.
This fun, hands on preschool counting activity is a great way for kids to visualize counting. Whether you are a parents, homeschooler, or teachers you will love this counting activity.
The element of threading beads makes this activity far more engaging to your kiddos. It is a simple varitation from your typical counting activity, but it totally changes the activity for our kiddos and it feels more like art and play than an educational activity.
Spring Activities for Preschoolers
This educational activty is not only a fun rainbow themed math activity, but it is also great for developing fine motor skills with young learners:
- Pipe Cleaners – use any color you like: black, red, orange, yellow, purple, blue, violet, brown, white, etc.
- Beads – any color or size beads work
Preschool Spring Activities
To get ready for this Pre k math game simply print the download in color on cardstock for duribility. Then cut out each rainbow and tape a pipe cleaner to the back of each rainbow card.
To complete this math activity, students will pick a rainbow and look at the number at the top. Next, they will count out the corresponding number of beads and thread them on the pipe cleaner so the number on the chenille sticks matches the number on the rainbow. Repeat until you have completed all the numbers from 1-20
- Laminate for durability if you are using in a classroom as math center for repeated use all March, April, and May.
- Cut the pipe cleaners in half for smaller numbers 1-10 with students who are not ready for counting to higher numbers.
Looking for more preschool rainbow activities? You will these these rainbow theme printables and games to make learning fun:
- Color Matching Rainbow Activity
- Rainbow Ten Frame Counting Cards
- Ice Cream Stick Rainbow Craft
- Paper Strip Hainging Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Jelly Bean Rainbow Activities
- Rainbow Shape Play Dough Mats
- Garden and Rainbow Preschool Activities
- Milk Toast Rainbows
- ]Painting with Cars Rainbow Activity
- DIY Math Abacus Rainbow Activity
- St Patricks Day Hand Art Rainbow Craft
- Free Rainbow Worksheets for Kids
Counting Activities for Kids
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Pumpkin Math Kindergarten Addition Practice
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Fingerprint Activity Sheet
- Bowling Counting Cards
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Free Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Number Mats (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Free Printable Number Puzzles
- Number Train Printable Math Activity for counting 1-20
- Plant a Number Line to 10
- Monster Counting with Google eyes
- Lego Numbers – Printable Duplo Mats to count and trace
- Goldfish Counting Activity for Preschoolers
Download Rainbow Number Activity Template
Before you download your Rainbow Number Activity Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.