Spring is here and we are loving all things rainbow. This rainbow number activity for preschoolers is sure to be a huge hit. Your preschooler will love that it is hands-on and you will love the fact that they are working so many skills at once.
This number games for kids is the perfect hands-on math activity for preschoolers! Your toddler, prek, and kindergaret age child will work on multiple algebraic thinking skills while completing this activity. In addition, you student will work on 1:1 correspondence and number recognition with this spring math activty perfect for a St Patricks Day or spring math center. Finally, your preschool child is going to fine-tuning their fine motor skills.
Counting to 20
This fun, hands on preschool counting activity is a great way for kids to visualize counting. Whether you are a parents, homeschooler, or teachers you will love this counting activity.
The element of threading beads makes this activity far more engaging to your kiddos. It is a simple varitation from your typical counting activity, but it totally changes the activity for our kiddos and it feels more like art and play than an educational activity.
Spring Activity for Preschoolers
This educational activty is not only a fun rainbow themed math activity, but it is also great for developing fine motor skills with young learners:
- Pipe Cleaners – use any color you like: black, red, orange, yellow, purple, blue, violet, brown, white, etc.
- Beads – any color or size beads work
To get ready for this Pre k math game simply print the download in color on cardstock for duribility. Then cut out each rainbow and tape a pipe cleaner to the back of each rainbow card.
To complete this math activity, students will pick a rainbow and look at the number at the top. Next, they will count out the corresponding number of beads and thread them on the pipe cleaner so the number on the chenille sticks matches the number on the rainbow. Repeat until you have completed all the numbers from 1-20
- Laminate for durability if you are using in a classroom as math center for repeated use all March, April, and May.
- Cut the pipe cleaners in half for smaller numbers 1-10 with students who are not ready for counting to higher numbers.
Looking for more preschool rainbow activities? You will these these rainbow theme printables and games to make learning fun:
- Color Matching Rainbow Activity
- Rainbow Ten Frame Counting Cards
- Ice Cream Stick Rainbow Craft
- Paper Strip Hainging Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Jelly Bean Rainbow Activities
- Rainbow Shape Play Dough Mats
- Garden and Rainbow Preschool Activities
- Milk Toast Rainbows
- ]Painting with Cars Rainbow Activity
- DIY Math Abacus Rainbow Activity
- St Patricks Day Hand Art Rainbow Craft
- Free Rainbow Worksheets for Kids
Download Rainbow Number Activity Template
Before you download your Rainbow Number Activity Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.