Help kids practice finding rhyming words with the cvc words activity perfect for spring! In this Easter activity for kindergarten children will work on reading simple cvc words while listening for the sounds they make. Simply print Easter printables with this easter activities for preschoolers to make learning fun this April.
Easter Activity for Kindergarten
Preschool and kindergarten kids will love these Egg rabbit themed CVC rhyming printable punch cards! Looking for a fun way to reinforce rhyming and CVC skills? These ten frame cards will have kids identifying the CVC short vowel word then using a hole puncher to punch to identify the rest of the rhyming words on the card. These can also fit inside a task box, so prep them once and have them ready for each year.
Easter Activity for Preschoolers
- Print the activity cards below in color or black and white
- Cut the cards out.
- Prepare some hole punchers on each table
CVC Words Activity
- Students will be working on their cards in a group. They take one card and read the CVC word.
- They then grab a hole puncher, and punch the eggs that include rhyming CVC words.
- There are black and white copies of this printable so you could have the kids coloring in their answers instead.
- I usually check their work as I go around the class.
- This fun activity can be repeated for practice! I hope you kids benefit from and enjoy using this activity!
Easter Centers for Kindergarten
Use these cards to help kids develop CVC reading and fine motor skills. Kids need to master their short vowel sounds and CVC reading skills as it is a critical component to prepare them for more complex reading skills. Introduce the CVC word cards and show the kids that these cards are to be used with hole punchers or alternatively have the kids use dot markers to add their dots on the eggs. You could possibly have your pre-schoolers work on coloring in and the kindergarteners to work on all the other cards to sue the hole puncher. A great way to work on these cards is to create a competition where the kids have to complete all the cards in a group.
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups.
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Sorting
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- Earth Day Tracing Strips, Earth Day Shape Clip Cards, Earth Day Game Cards
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
CVC Words Centers
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!