Whether it’s cold and snow outside or not, this snow slime is the perfect winter activity for kids! The fun textures, shimmer, and beauty make this one of our favorite January activities for preschoolers. Use this snow activities in your winter theme with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders.
If you are looking for a fun-to-play-with and pretty snow slime recipe, you will love this winter activity for kids of all ages! Use this winter slime with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartner, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. Playing with this dough allows kids to strengthen their hand muscles, explore cause and effect, and have fun exploring different sensory sensations. Whetner you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – plan to try this snow activities!
Snow activity for kids
All you need for this winter slime recipe are a few simple materials:
- 2 cups of silver glitter glue
- 1-2 cups of liquid starch (such as StaFlo)
Winter Activity for Kids
Pour 2 cups of silver glitter glue into a large mixing bowl. Now slowly add the liquid starch (we used StaFlo found in the laundry aisle in a big blue bottle). Then mix slowly adding more starch & mixing until the desired consistency is reached.
HINT: Make your snow slime COLD by placing the ingredients the refrigerator for an hour before play.
Snow Activities for Preschoolers
Once the slime is formed, knead it with clean, dry hands. After a bit of mixing and kneading you will be left with the perfect winter slime!
HInt: If the slime is sticky add a drop or two of liquid starch and mix well.
Winter Activities for Preschoolers
You can squeeze, drip, ooze, sheet, and use a cookie cutter to make shapes from your silver glitter slime.
I love that you can cut out this recipe or form it into fun creations and then it will ooze back together to play some more!
January activities for preschoolers
My kds and I enjoyed using some craft foam we had laying around to make accessories for a snowman. How cute it that! This makes a great Christmas gift for classmates and friends!
This activity is so good for strengthening hand muscles and discovering a variety of sensations with a delightful sensory activity for winter.
Looking for more fun winter science projects for kids? We’ve got lots of fun ideas for you to try!
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Eruptions – Simple Winter Science Experiments
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Easy Exploding Snowman – Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Measuring Snowfall – Winter STEM Activity
- Erupting Snow Winter Science Experiment
- How to Make Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
Snowman Activity for Preschool
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- 100 Winter Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Making historic SNOW CANDY!
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- Snow Dough for Kids
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers