Kids will get excited to practice letters and numbers with these adorable, FREE printable Winter Worksheets for Preschool. Just print and learn!
As parents, homeschoolers, and teachers our goal is to make learning fun for kids! After all, we want kids to be eager to learn, to remember what they’ve learned, and to be lifelong leaners.
I like to use lots of fun hands on educational games as well as creative activities to help kids learn, but sometimes you need to use worksheets. Why teach preschoolers with worksheets?
- Worksheets are no prep! Need I say more.
- Worksheets allow students to practice not only the skill, but improve hand muscles, coordination, and handwriting in a way that games can’t alway accomplish.
These winter worksheets are filled with cute clipart and easy to follow directions to help kids practice a variety of skills while having fun!
Winter Worksheets for Preschool
HINT: These are also a great addition to a Winter Theme or Snowman Theme.
The following pages are included in the winter worksheets pack for prek students to help kids practice a variety of early learning skills including:
- Alphabet Igloos – kids will color in all the blocks that match the igloo. This is great for strengthening fine motor skills as well as identifying upper and lowercase letters.
- Counting Snowballs – Count the number of snowball buckets in each row and write the number in the space provided with a writing utencil. This is great for practicing counting to 5 as well as writing numbers 1-5
Counting Snowman – This super cute page allows students to not only count to 10 and trace numbers 1-10, but to visualize how as numbers grow things get bigger.
- Uppercase Mittens – Kids will be able to practice tracing capital letters from A to Z as they “decorate” the winter mittens
- Snowball Missing Letters – students will practice recalling what letter is missing as they write letters in the blank snowballs
- Winter Roll and Cover – Roll a dice and count the dots, then color a snowman that represents the number you counted. This is a great way to work on number recognition and strengthening hand muscles too.
- Lowercase Snowman Tracing – practice tracing lower case letters on this adorable group of snowman
- Mittens What comes Next – students will learn their alphabet well as they practice recalling what alphabet letter comes before, after, and in between the letters shown
- Winter Beginning Sounds – Get ready for a snowball fight by coloring in all the snowballs you will need on this cute worksheet that helps prek and kinder age students practice phonics skills
- Snowman Cut & Paste – preschoolers will practice coordination cutting and pasting and then decoraing their snowman by matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Winter Hat ABCs – students will fill in the missing letters from A to Z to make sure each hat has the right letter
Winter Patterns – patterns are an important early math skill. In this cut and paste worksheet for preschoolers, kids will complete the snowman patterns
- Snowman Shape Worksheet – students will practice identifying triangles, circles, hearts, squares, and stars and then coloring by code to work on color regognition too (blue, orange, red, green, and yellow)
- Build a Snowman Counting Worksheet – students will count the objects in each square and circle the number of items they counted to practice counting to 10.
- Winter Tracing – this pre-writting worksheet is a great way to help kids build coordination and finger muscles to get ready for lots of writing in school
Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
This free printable is a fun, no prep way for kids to practice a variety of skills. Chances are, you are probably looking for even more fun educational activities for winter! Don’t miss these amazing and FREE kids activities:
- Winter Color by Number – kids will have fun uncovering the hidden pictures as they color by code in these worksheets that not only work on number recognition, but strengthen fine motor skills too!
- Snow Globe Letter Find Worksheets – not only are these alphabet worksheets beyond cute, they are a great way for kids to work on letter recognition of both upper and lowercase letters. Just grab some crayons, markers, or bingo dauber markers and you are ready for some snowy day learning.
- Snowman Trace & Erase – these super cute and clever winter activity teaches kids how to form their letters from A to Z and then allows them to practice wriitng uppercase and lowercase letters again and again and again!
- Snowman Counting Book – Kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 and gaining confidence reading with this adorable free printable reader.
Download Winter Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!