Kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with these super cute counting snowman! This is both a hands-on snowman math and a cute snowman craft for preschool at the same time. This winter craft combines tactile button counting with a printable snowman template to make into an adorable craft stick snowman craft.
Snowman Craft for Preschool
January is typically the coldest month for most of us in North America. It lends itself to lots of winter themes and snowman themes with our toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners. This fun snowman counting activity children will count to 10 while making a fun snowman craft for preschoolers. This fun winter craft for preschoolers is perfect for December, January, and February. Plus this to easy snowman craft is great for improving fine motor skills and working on number recognition skills too!
You will want to print the snowman template it in color. Now cut out the snowman heads you prefer – with or without scarves.
Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
To make the snowman math craft you will need craft sticks (light colored or white will look the best), assorted buttons (2″ or less in diameter) and the free snowman printable. Now tape or glue the snowman head on the top of the popsicle stick.
Winter Craft for Preschoolers
Now whether you are using this as strictly an easy snowman craft or as a January math center with toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age kids will decide whether you glue or tape down the buttons or not.
Now students will count out the same number of buttons as the number on the snowman’s hat and place or glue (depending if it is a preschool math center or an individual craft) the buttons on the craft stick.
Extension Idea: Have students pick out all the same color buttons to work on color recognition, put the buttons in ascending order, or make patterns with their buttons. You can also have them arrange the snowman in order from those with the least amount of buttons to those with the most.
This is not only a fun, hands on math activity to practice counting to 10 or 1-12, but it is great for tactile learners and to help kids visualize how higher numbers mean more.
Aren’t these snowman so cute! Your toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners will be so proud of the winter craft they made! This is perfect for teachers or parents to use with their kids.
If you are looking for another cute snowman math activity, don’t miss our Snowman Shape Math Puzzles!
Snowman Activity for Preschool
Looking for even more fun, educational activities for prek and kindergarten age kids to add to a fun winter theme or snowman theme? You will love these preschool activities:
- Snow Volcano Science Project – get out and enjoy the snow with this clever winter science experiment that is simple to replicate, but incredibly memorable and colorful too!
- Easy Icicle Craft – this easy winter craft is great for working on fine motor skills while making a beautiful craft preschoolers will be proud of.
- 36 Wonderful January Crafts for Kids – crafts not only provide a chance to improve fine motor skills anc explore creativity, but are a great way for kids to gain independence too
- Snowman Puffy Paint Recipe – this easy to make puffy paint recipe is sure to be a hit as kids create their own Frosty the Snowman
- 31 Fun January Activities for Kids – so many clever ideas to keep kids active, engaged, and having fun all month long!
- Looking for a no prep educational activity for kids during January. You can’t go wrong with these Free Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers.
- Snow Dough – this amazing, 2 ingredient play recipe is cold like snow and even holds it shape like real snow
- Glue Snowman Craft – this is such a COOL craft! You will use glue as your base to make these beautiful snowmen that will make beautiful window decorations all winter long
- Snowman Coloring Pages – help kids learn new vocabulary while learning words that start with each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
Download Snowman Craft
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!