Do you want to build a snowman printable makes practicing shape recognition fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children. Use these super cute, 3-part shape puzzles to match 11 common shapes to make these happy snowman friends. Simply download pdf file with free printable Snowman Printables and you are ready for a hands-on winter math activities for preschoolers.
Help toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners learn their shapes with this fun build a snowman printable where students will put together the 3-part snowman puzzle by matching shapes. This snowman printable is perfect for your winter theme or snowman theme during December, January, and February.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this snowman math activity for young children learning these 11 common shapes: circles, triangles, squares, rectangles, ovals, star, hexagon, octagon, heart, pentagon, and trapezoid. Use this as extra practice, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
What are common preschool shapes?
In preschool children learn to recognize and name:
This snowman theme or winter themed activity includes not only preschool shapes, but kindergarten shapes too to provide more advanced options for children who have mastered the 5 basic shapes.
Winter math activities for preschoolers
This fun, hands on shape activity is super quick to prep and easy to play. Simply print the snowman puzzle pieces in color on cardstock or laminate for durability. This low prep activity only requires cutting along the straight, solid lines.
There are 11 shape snowman in this free printable math activity to help kids learn the following shapes:
One of the key skills preschoolers and kindergartners learn in math is shape recognition and shape names. This fun, hands on educational activity helps young learners practice identifying shapes while they build silly snowmen.
Each snowman puzzle consists of three pieces, all of the same shape. The bottom piece will have the shape name so students can learn the names and start to recognize shape names too.
When you are done with the activity, simply store in a small ziplock bag so students can practice snowman math over and over again all January long. This makes a great math activity for preschoolers as a math center or extra practice. It isn’t complicated which makes it great for parents, teachers, or tutors to whip out for some fun winter themed math activity for kids!
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
Shapes Activities for Kindergartners
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Winter Activities for Preschoolers
Looking for more winter themed activities to add to you winter theme or snowman theme? Try these fun preschool activities for winter!
- Free Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers – practice a variety of math and literacy skills with no prep worksheets for prek and kindergarten age kids during January
- Alphabet Snowman Coloring Pages – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary with these super cute and clever winter coloring sheets
- Snowman Worksheets – this printable pack helps kids practice letters, counting, patterns, and more with a super cute snowman theme
- Winter Color by Letter Worksheets – kids will have fun uncovering the hidden winter pictures while practicing alphabet letter recognition and strengthening hand muscles at the same time
- Rhyming Winter Puzzles – this low prep activity is a great reading prep activity for prek kids; you will love the cute theme
- Winter Do a Dot Worksheets – these printables are a fun way for kids to work on color words while revealing winter pictures
Plus don’t miss our ABC Printables, math activities for preschoolers, learning preschool colors, fun preschool themes, tons of free playdough mats, cute preschool crafts, tons of free printable preschool worksheets, and many preschool book list.
Download Snowman Shape Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!