These super cute FREE Snowman Printable Shape Puzzles are a great way for prek and kindergarten age kids to practice identifying and naming shapes for kids while have some seasonal fun.
What are common preschool shapes?
In preschool children learn to recognize and name:
This snowman theme or winter themed activity includes not only preschool shapes, but kindergarten shapes too to provide more advanced options for children who have mastered the 5 basic shapes.
Now print the snowman puzzle pieces in color on cardstock or laminate for durability. This low prep activity only requires cutting along the straight, solid lines.
There are 11 shape snowman in this free printable math activity to help kids learn the following shapes:
One of the key skills preschoolers and kindergartners learn in math is shape recognition and shape names. This fun, hands on educational activity helps young learners practice identifying shapes while they build silly snowmen.
Each snowman puzzle consists of three pieces, all of the same shape. The bottom piece will have the shape name so students can learn the names and start to recognize shape names too.
When you are done with the activity, simply store in a small ziplock bag so students can practice snowman math over and over again all January long. This makes a great math activity for preschoolers as a math center or extra practice. It isn’t complicated which makes it great for parents, teachers, or tutors to whip out for some fun winter themed math activity for kids!
Looking for more fun, playful ways for kids to learn shapes? You will love all these fun shape activities for young learners from toddlers to prek and kinders:
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing tracing shapes in a variety of sizes as well as tracing shape words with this cute reusable activity.
- Road Shape Mats – This free printable is perfect for your hot wheel enthusiast as they will practice making shapes while having fun with cars!
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity – this super cute shape activity is perfect for winter. Help sort the shape penguins into their homes with this low prep math activity.
- Preschool Shapes Mat – this versatile page allows kids to practice tracing shapes or using stickers / playdough / etc to form shapes. Each page has the shape word AND a picture of a real world image made of that shape.
- Flower Shape Craft – kids love making crafts; and this craft allows them to practice identifying shapes to make truly beautiful and unique math crafts for spring!
- Color the Shapes Emergent Reader – kids will have fun creating their own shape emergent reader that helps them learn about shapes, their names, and what objects in the real world are the same form.
- Fun Shape Books for Kids – help reinforce shapes with these fun, silly, and unique shape books for kids.
- 50 Epic Shape Crafts & Activities – reinforce shapes even more with these clever and fun crafts for kids of all ages
- Do a Dot Shape Worksheets – these free printable worksheets are a fun way for kids to practice making shapes using bingo daubers
- Shapes Bingo – turn practice identifying shapes into a game with this fun, free printable math game for elementary kids
Looking for more winter themed activities to add to you winter theme or snowman theme? Try these fun preschool activities for winter!
- Free WInter Worksheets for Preschoolers – practice a variety of math and literacy skills with no prep worksheets for prek and kindergarten age kids during January
- Alphabet Snowman Coloring Pages – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary with these super cute and clever winter coloring sheets
- Snowman Worksheets – this printable pack helps kids practice letters, counting, patterns, and more with a super cute snowman theme
- Winter Color by Letter Worksheets – kids will have fun uncovering the hidden winter pictures while practicing alphabet letter recognition and strengthening hand muscles at the same time
- Rhyming Winter Puzzles – this low prep activity is a great reading prep activity for prek kids; you will love the cute theme
- Winter Do a Dot Worksheets – these printables are a fun way for kids to work on color words while revealing winter pictures
Plus don’t miss our ABC Printables, math activities for preschoolers, learning preschool colors, fun preschool themes, tons of free playdough mats, cute preschool crafts, tons of free printable preschool worksheets, and many preschool book list.
Download Snowman Shape Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!