Help kids use phonemic awareness to listen for the beginning sounds and initial sounds in words with these super cute snowman coloring pages. These snowman worksheets will help preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students practice phonics kills so they are ready to start reading words. Download pdf file with a-z phonics coloring sheets and use just the letter of the week or do all 26 winter alphabet printables.
These free printable snowman worksheets are perfect for cold winter days as students practice phonics skills while strengthening fine motor skills! Preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students will listen for beginning sounds and color these snowman initial sounds worksheets. Children can learn new vocabulary and continue learning about letters and the sounds they make with these alphabet worksheets.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love the practice students will get with these beginning sounds worksheets! Use as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your phonics curriculum. If you are looking for more free winter coloring pages you will love these: Free Winter Coloring Sheets or these Free Winter Color by Number Worksheets
Snowman Coloring Pages
Initial Sounds Worksheets
Print all alphabet snowman coloring pages (there is a page for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z) or just the letter of the week you are working on during January.
Beginning Sounds Worksheets
Show your child / student the featured letter on the top hat. Ask them if they know the letter. If they don’t, tell them the letter. Then introduce the sound the letter makes. For example, “This is the letter T. The T says tuh.”
Instruct the preschooler to look at the pictures on the snowman and say them out loud. What sound / letter do they start with. All the images on the snownman clipart start with the featured letter.
NOTE: This activity is intended to increase vocabulary and to help kids learn new alphabet words. Not all words featured will have the proper phonetical sound. If you are looking for winter phonics activities, try these free printable activities we’ve created:
- Phonics Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows Matching – this adorable sorting activity is perfect for centers and repeated practice with multiple words for each alphabet sound
- Beginning Sounds Worksheets – while not specifically winter themed, these no prep worksheets go great any time of the year and are fun to complete with bingo dauber markers
- Penguin Beginning Sounds Match – this low prep matching activity has a cute penguin theme making it perfect for a winter theme
Snowman Activity for Preschool
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- 100 Winter Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Making historic SNOW CANDY!
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- Snow Dough for Kids
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
Download Snowman Coloring Pages
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!