Beginning sounds worksheets can be so dull for our preschool kiddos, but they don’t have to be. Engage your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age child in a fun winter printables that is an abc game where they unknowingly practice early literacy skills. Your child will love “racing” you to the end as you try to get your polar bear back to his den in this alphabet games. This is a great game to add to your list of winter activities for preschoolers. Simply download pdf file with alphabet games for kids and you are ready to practice letter recognition and phonemic awareness with young kids.
Learning letter sounds and beginning sounds is essential to reading. We want to be sure that our kids can hear the various sounds or syllables in a word. This is called phonological awareness. A strong sense of phonological awareness will improve your child’s ability to spell and sound out words. This alphabet game is such a great way to help learn letters and the sounds they make. This ABC Kids Games is perfect for preschoolers and kindergartners for a winter animals theme, or winter theme learning fun.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun phonics game for you to print and play with early learners. Use this as extra practice, winter literacy center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
ABC Kids Games
Alphabet Games for Kids
There are two different versions of this winter worksheet because differentiation is the key to good eductation.
- Beginning Sounds Pictures – On each space of the board game there is a picture. When you land on a space you will identify the picture, the beginning sound, and the corresponding letter. For example – bus, /b/, B
- Letter Sounds – On each space of the board game there is a letter. When you land on a space you will identify the letter and the sound it makes. For example – B, /b/
Beginning Sounds Worksheet
- Download the FREE Polar Bear Races – Beginning Sounds Worksheet
- Print the template.
- Take turns with your child rolling the die and moving your piece.
- When you land on a space name the sound and letter that corresponds with your space.
- First one to make it to the bear den wins.
Play multiple times. The chances that you will land on all of the same spaces is small and more rounds of play means more letter and sound practice.
Snowman Activity for Preschool
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- 100 Winter Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Making historic SNOW CANDY!
- Feed the Polar Bear
- Winter Snapcube Printable
- Hot Cocoa Dramatic Play Set
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- Snow Dough for Kids
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
Before you download your winter activity, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.