Kids need lots of practice to learn key sight words that make up most of the books they will be reading. These free apple themed preschool sight words printable are a fun, low prep activity that is perfect for helping preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age children practice pre-primer dolch sight words.
Preschool Sight Words Printable
Nothing says fall like going back to school, apples, and falling leaves. Since September is apple month, we like to incorporate a lot of apple themed activities to make learning fun for preschoolers and kindergartners. We add in educational activities to practice math, alphabet letters, science, history, and reading. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these handy apple preschool sight words printable that require little prep. Simply print, cut into strips, and you are ready to allow children to practice reading and tracing sight words.
This 12-page printable pack contains four sight word strips per page; you will practice a total of 38 different pre k sight words. Each of these strips can be completed independently or with supervision, depending on the skill level of the child and the skills they are working on improving.
Pre K Sight Words
To prepare this low-prep activity, you will need to download the printable and print. This activity is completely done in black and white, to save on ink costs. Then cut out each strip on the solid black lines. These strips can be placed together and stapled in the top left hand corner to keep them together. Holes could also be punched into the top left hand corner of each of the strips and string or rings used to hold them together.
Sight Words Tracing
Each strip contains an apple with the pre-k sight word on it. Then the word is written on lines two or more times. Children can sound out and read the word in the apple, then work on their letter formation and spelling as they write out the word on the strip. Once they can read, spell and write the word correctly, they could color in the apple.
You could even laminate the strips and have children use a dry-erase marker to write with. Or, once they have completed their tracing strips, they could continue practicing their spelling and writing, by writing the words on properly lined paper. With lots of practice, children will become confident in learning to read and spell these sight words.
Preschool Sight Words
Looking for more fun activities to help kids practice preschool sight words? You will love these free printable activities
- Practice preschool sight words with this free Word Construction game
- Summer themed Preschool Word Games
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Free Rapuzel Sight Word Coloring Pages make practicing fun
- Beach Sight Words Printable Pack
- Little Mermaid Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Colour By Code Worksheets
- Fishing for Sight Words
- Sight Words Candyland Cards Printable
- Flower Sight Words Mazes – no prep sight word worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Sight Words Coloring Pages
- Crazy Roads Pre k Sight Words Game
Apple Theme for Preschoolers
If your students are just starting out, have them start with learning numbers 1-10 with these super cute Count to 10 Apple Playdough Mats before this count to 20 activity. Or print off one of these NO PREP Apple Worksheets for Preschoolers to practice both math and literacy. Finally, you will love these trace & erase Alphabet Tracing Cards.
Looking for more fun and free ideas to make learning fun for preschoolers? Check out these free prek worksheets:
- Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Printable Alphabet Letters for Crafts
- Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Apple Prek Worksheets
- Tracing Letters while learning animals names A to Z
- Road Shapes
- Super cute Printable Easter Crafts
- No prep preschool alphabet worksheets
- Super cute construction worksheets for pre k
- Free pumpkin activity printables to find the letter
- Super cute and FREE printable animal masks
Plus don’t miss our ABC Printables, math activities for preschoolers, learning preschool colors, fun preschool themes, tons of free playdough mats, cute preschool crafts, tons of free printable preschool worksheets, and many preschool book list.
Download Apple Preschool Sight Words
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!