Young kids not only love playing with play dough, but it is great for strengthening hand muscles, sensory activity, and exploring creativity too. This apple playdough is a quick and easy-to-make autumn playdough to enjoy in September. Use this fall playdough recipe with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too. Whether you use this apple playdoh as part of an apple theme or hands-on apple activities – this is sure to delight the senses!
This cinnamon playdough will delight the senses as kids work on motor skills and building hand muscles with an apple activity for kids. Use this fall playdough recipe in September when we are incorporating all things apple. This apple playdough recipe is such a fun project to make apples, apple pies, letters, numbers, and more. Try this apple activity for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, and more! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love incorporating this activity into you plans.
Apple playdough recipe
To whip up a batch of this playdough apple recipe yoou will need a few simple materials:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- green and red food coloring
- Apple scented oil (optional)
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon spice (optional)
Add water and vegetable oil to a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it starts to boil. Now remove from the stove top and add the flour, salt, creatm of tartar to the hot water and stir continuously until a stiff ball of dough forms.
Remove the play doh from the pot and place on your work space. Allow the playdough mixture to cool for 5 minutes. Now knead the dough until it is soft and pliable (about 3-4 minutes).
Apple scented playdough
Add in food coloring. We seperated our dough into 3 parts. I colored one part red, one part green, and left one part cream color.
Add enough food coloring to get the color you are looking for. You can make red delicious apples, granny smith green apples, golden delicious yellow apples, or mixed color Jazz apples too.
Now I encouraged my kids to form the dough into an apple shape. Not only is kneading and rolling the playdoh good for strengthening hand muscles and getting some important sensory and tactile play, but it is great for building confidence and having fun with an apple theme activity too.
Fall Activities for Preschoolers
Roll or pat the cream colored dough and make the inside of the apple’s creamy flesh with a border of the red around it. It’s like you’ve cut the apple in half.
Fall playdough recipe
Now add black beans or black beads to make the apple seeds. You could easily turn this into a hands-on apple activity to help kids practice counting. Tell the children a number and have them put the correct number of black seeds in the apple. Aren’t the too cute!?
Apple Activities for toddlers
WE also made just a plain green apple and used buttons to decorate our apple. THis was lots of fun for my youngest learners and could also be used for an apple counting activity. You could also do buttons of different colors to make addition equations with Kindergaten and first graders. Like 2 blue buttons plus 3 white buttons equals 5 buttons altogether.
Fall activity for toddlers
There are so mnay fun, creative ways to play with and decorate this apple activity using our quick and easy playdough recipe for kids!
You can also must make a ball, add a twig and leaft to creat a really simple, but cute apple.
EASY apple playdough recipe is a fun playdoh to use with an apple theme or hands-on activities for September that will delight the senses!
- FREE Apple Prek Worksheets or apple worksheets preschool
- Apple Recipes for Kids, plus how to make homemade applesauce and yummy best apple recipes
- ACTIVITIES – scented apple pie playdough, super soft apple playdough recipe no cook, apple pie playdough, fun apple pie slime, fluffy apple slime (yellow), laffy taffy apple slime (green), and September activities for kids
- ALPHABET – letter recognition apple activity, apple letter tracing worksheets, Apple ABC Game, a is for apple printable letter sounds apple book, a is for apple tracing worksheet, a is for apple printable alphabet mats, sticker a for apple activity,
- LANGUAGE ARTS – alphabet apple lacing craft, apple pre-k sight words tracing strips, apple sight words printable activity, synonym and antonym worksheets, apple compounds words worksheet grade 1, apple noun and verb sort, and free September writing prompts
- SCIENCE – errupting apple science expeirment, free apple investigation worksheet, apple life cycle printable spinner, apple volcano, apple browning experiment with free worksheet, apple life cycle printable pages, skittle apple science experiment, melting apple science experiment, apple stem activity
- COUNTING – apple count to 20 free printable hole punch activities, apple i spy printables for preschoolers, count to 20 apple playdough mats, hole punch apple counting, apple counting coloring pages, apple counting spin and count on ten frame, apple counting worksheet, free apple counting worksheets, apple counting worksheet, apple seed counting to 20 activity, and count to 20 apple playdough mats, apple roll and cover number sense game
- MATH – hands-on apple number bonds activity, math worksheets for kindergarten, adding within 10 apple math, apple multiplication game, apple fractions game, fall unifix cube pattern cards, and sticker addition worksheets
- CRAFTS – cute apple handprint craft, parts of an apple craft, bubble wrap apple craft, Johnny appleseed addition coloring worksheets, lacing paper plate apple craft, stunning apple art preschool, paper plate apple core craft, and September crafts
- Check out these apple books for preschoolers, free apple worksheets preschool, how to make an apple pie and see the world activity, fun Johnny Appleseed activities, free Johnny Appleseed coloring pages, or our apple theme preschool
- Reader Favorite kool aid playdough, Quick conditioner playdough, Amazing ice cream play doh, Epic color changing playdough, and lemonade playdough, winter snowman playdough
- Easy marshmallow playdough, 2-ingredient easy playdough recipe, and playful funfetti playdough,
- Colorful crayon playdough, homemade bubble gum playdough recipe, and 2 ingredient edible candy playdough, and Spookley the Square Pumpkin Activities
- edible pumpkin playdough, scented apple pie playdough, easy peanut butter playdough, jello strawberry playdough, fun watermelon playdough, quick peeps playdough, hot chocolate playdough recipe, peppermint stretchy playdough, fall candy corn playdough recipe, scented apple pie playdough, cool glow in the dark playdough
- See all our favorite Playdough Recipes
- Jungle Animal Playdough Mats, Spring Playdough Mats, engaging transportation playdough mats, pet animal playdough mats, tools community helpers playdough mats, preschool musical instruments activity, fall playdough mats, Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool – Counting Candles
- Ice Cream Pattern printable mats, Super cute and FREE Alphabet Playdough Mats
- One fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Playdough Mats or these Parts of a Book for kids activity
- Practice shapes with Flower Playdough Mats or carrot shape playdough mat
- Cute and FREE playdough numbers mats 1-10, Gumball Number mats, Construction Playdough Mats – count and dump to 20, Shape Ice Cream Playdough Mats or these monster shapes playdough activity
- Watermelon Seed Counting Activity, hands-on Corn counting activity, or Uppercase Animal Alphabet Tracing Cards with playdough
- TONS of FREE playdough mats and our preschool playdough mats here!
- Mesmerizing metallic silver slime, homemade chocolate edible slime or Incredible fluffy butter slime
- Not-too-creepy Halloween Slime, fluffy Turkey Slime, purple valentine slime, and Leprechaun Slime
- Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime or EPIC magnetic slime science project
- Cheery yellow baking soda slime , fun-to-play-with Ocean Slime, Slime Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime , dish soap white slime, or our go to recipe – WOW 2 ingredient slime
- Super Simple Sand Beach Slime and patriotic red white and blue slime
- Fluffy green apple slime, yellow apple slime, shinny red Apple Pie Slime cool pumpkin slime
- Watermelon Slime FUN for Kids or Puffy Watermelon Slime Recipe
- Green St Patricks Day Slime, Gold Slime Pot of Gold Activity, and leprechaun slime
- How to make Galaxy Slime, Frozen Blue Slime or enchanging snow slime
- No-stick gingerbread slime, perfect Christmas slime, mr grinch slime
- Melting snowman slime, shimmery snow slime, pretty pink valentine’s day slime, purple valentine slime
- Fluffy gummy worms edible slime, Edible, or Gummy Bear Slime
- Scented Puffy Paint Pumpkins, Squish Bag Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers, Puffy Paint Ice Cream Craft
- You’ve got to try this homemade Magic Sand, painting with edible marshmallow paint, and How to make a bouncy ball
- Fun foam paint, puffy paint ideas, vibrant washable sidewalk paint, HUGE homemade bubble solution, 3 ingredient baking soda crafts, beautiful edible sand, chilly snow dough, amazing puffy snow paint
- How to dye rice with food coloring, color changing capillary action experiment with flowers
- Ice Cream Volcano, simple ketchup volcano, insects in amber jurassic park activities , grow a rainbow capillary action experiment, creative pipe cleaner constellations, easy lava lamp experiment explanation
- Hands-on road shapes activity with hotwheels, fun balloon rocket experiment for preschool, squish bag watermelon activities for toddlers, fun puffy paint ice cream,