This is such a fun, hands on math activity for preschoolers that is super low prep! Print, cut and your ready for this FREE Count to 20 Hole Punching Apple Munching!
Count to 20
I love playful ways for kids to practice and learn math! This count to 20 apple math activity is such a fun way for preschool, prek, and kindergarten age kids to practice counting to 20 while having fun with a September themed apple activity! Plus the use of a hole punch helps young learners strengthen hand muscles they will need for future math!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun apple math activity for preschoolers!
Alphabet hole punch
Apple Counting Activity
Next up in this apple numbers practice, kids can color their apples. This step is optional, but great for strengthening fine motor skills even more. My students like to make the apples red, yellow, or green. The leaves can be green or brown. The cute little worm clipart image we colored green. Finally, the sign the apple worm holds telling students how many holes to punch in the apple we colored orange.
Hole Punching Activities
Again, the coloring part of this preschool counting activity is optional, but makes it super cute!
Then, cut apart each square – there are 6 apple squares per page.
Now set out the stack of apple squares with a hole punch and you are ready for this fun counting activity. This is great for a fall math activity or September math center.
Fall Activities for Preschoolers
Students will use a hole punch to help the worm much through the apple. Have the make as many holes as the number on the sign. Pressing the hole punch is great for strengthening preschoolers hand muscles.
We like to weave a green pipe cleaner through the holes to make it look like a worm is eating the apple.
Apple Theme for Preschoolers
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Apple Math Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Prek Worksheets
- Apple Number Bonds Activities
- Free Alphabet Desk Cart (apple theme and more)
- Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Letter A
- Apple ABC Game
- Apple Seed Counting Activity – Count to 20
- I Spy Preschool – Apples
- Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheet with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Number Bond to 10 Practical Activities
- Counting Apples Worksheet
- Apple Basket Multiplication Game
- Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Apple Count to 20 Home Punching Apple Munching Activity
- Apple Alphabet Activity – Letter Recognition Game
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Alphabet Apple Lacing Craft
- Printable Apple Compound Words for Kids
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Apple Find the letter and Tracing Worksheets
- Fun Apple Experiment Worksheet
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds
- Verbs for Apples
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Handprint Apple Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Apple Core Craft
- Apple Bubble Wrap Art Projects
- ABC Apple Lacing Craft
- Coffee Filter and Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Easy Apple Pie Playdough that smells like fall!
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts for Preschoolers
Free printable hole punch activities
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!