Help children improve their ability to decode words as they improve reading readiness while playing this Sundae Read & Write CVC Words activity. This summer activity for preschoolers and kindergartners is a great way to sneak in some fun summer learning with an ice cream printables. Simply download summer printables and you are ready for this educationalsummer activity for kids.
CVC Word Family
Kindergarten kids will LOVE this CVC center! Kids will choose a card and find the matching short vowel sound and then use magnetic letters to identify short vowel words that begin and belong to the same word family. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love how this summer theme or ice cream theme literacy activity helps kids master cvc words while helping them become more confident reading as they learn to decode words. This cvc word family activity is perfect for extra practice, summer learning, school at home, and preschools with preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten children.
Ice Cream Printables
CVC Word Preschool
- A4 paper
- Magnetic letters
If you print the template in color you can laminate the cards and use them with dry erase markers to make the activty reusable – perfect for a pre k or kindergarten literacy center. If you print in blackline cvc words kindergarten, use crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. to have children color their ice cream sundae as they like.
Summer Activity for Preschoolers
I LOVE using learning mats – they are so much fun for students and best of all, they are quick to setup and play! Use these mats to help kids learn to read and identify rhyming and CVC short vowel words. We know that with learning, repetition and practice is key. Kids will be motivated to find and use and manipulate magnetic letters to identify their CVC words short vowel sounds using these fun summer themed cards. After you’ve printed and laminated (optional) the cards and the mats, place the strips on the table and show the kids what they need to do. They choose a card and read the short vowel CVC word on the bottom of the strip ‘sundae cup’, they then find and match magnetic letters to build new words that belong to the same word family. They continue to do so until they have found all the matches for that card. Encourage them to say the word on the card as they look for the new CVC word family words.
CVC words can be difficult for preschool, prek, and kindergarteners. Encourage thWhether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love how this literacy activity helps kids master cvc words while helping them become more confident reading as they learn to decode words. This is perfect for extra practice, summer learning, school at home, and preschools.em to work on their reading and rhyming skills with this set of fun cards!
CVC Words Activity
Here are even more fun, creative educational activities for kids. These early literacy activities for preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students are a great way to practice CVC words.
- Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh. If you are looking for a fun way to practice CVC words with a holiday theme, you will love this free printable activity.
- This super cute Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity is a great way for kids to improve reading while having fun with an educational activity.
- 4th of July CVC Words Activity. Sneak in some summer learning with this sight words activity for early learners.
- Make practicing Short Vowel CVC Words with these engaging puzzles. This is such a fun, low prep, free pritnable litearcy activity.
- Scarecrow CVC Words Activity is a fun fall themed literacy activity for preschoolers, kinderartners, and first graders.
- This adorable Crayon CVC Words Activity is perfect for back to school learning with young kids.
- Perfect for spring; build these Caterpillar CVC Words.
- Do you want to buid a snowman? How about a non-cold CVC Words Snowman!
- CVC Word Middle Sounds Clip Cards are a fun way to practice
- Cut and Paste to make these CVC Words Printables to help kids practice sounding out words
- This Valentines Day CVC Words Activity makes improving reading readiness FUN!
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- July Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- July Activities for Kids
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Balloon Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun ways to play with balloons this summer?
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Kids
- Drop & Paint – Water Balloon Painting Activity
- Roll & Paint – Outrageously FUN Balloon Painting Activity for Kids
- Balloon Paint Art Project for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Learning the Notes on a Staff with a FUN Music Activity for Kids
- Epic Ideas for Water Balloon Painting
Download CVC Word Sundaes
Before you download your Frog-Themed Number Game Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.