Grab the cute heart themed printable CVC Words Activities to make practicing reading and spelling simple CVC words fun for preschool, pre-k, kindegarten, and first grade students. We like to use this valentines day printables to engage students and make practice FUN. We use this for Preschool Valentines Day and valentine activities for kindergarten. THis is such a fun pre k valentines to sneak some cvc word practice into February! SImply print pdf file with cvc words worksheet and you are ready to play and learn.
Valentine cvc worksheets
Make Preschool Valentines Day extra fun by using themed, educational learning activities in the weeks leading up to February 14. This fun cvc words game has students look at the picture in the candy jar, say the word out loud and listen for the individual sounds in the cvc word. Next, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students will spell the word letter-by-letter using the conversation heart candy letter tiles on the mat. THis valentine activities for kindergarten is sure to help kids improve reading and spelling skills with simple cvc words for kids with fun valentines themes.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love using this activity with your children to work on beginning phonics skills. As children use phonemic awareness to listen for the alphabet sounds and spell the word they will use their phonics skills. Use this phonics activity at home, in litearcy centers in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
Valentines Day Activities
Valentine’s day cvc words
We love making learning fun with valentines day activities for preschoolers! This hands on valentine activities for kindergarten is a great way for preschoolers and kindergartners to practice CVC words while having fun with a february themed activity. Print the cvc words activity in color on cardstock or laminate for durability.
CVC Words Activity
Cut the candy jar strips apart along the solid lines and the converstaion heart letters out. You may want to store the activity in one plastic envelope or by short vowels to make it easier for kids. They can focus on just short a, short e, short i, short o, or short u at a time in this valentines day activities for kindergarten.
Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
Students will pull out a strip with a candy jar. They will say the name of the picture out loud. As they say the word out loud they will listen for the sounds of each letter in the word. Finally, students will put the letter conversation hearts on the mat to spel out the word they sounded out.
Each word is a simple cvc word with a short vowel in the middle. This is a great activity to work on phonemic awareness and early phonics practice.
Valentine Activities for Kindergarten
This activity is great for teachers, parents, homeschoolers, and preschools! This is great for improving literacy, and reading readiness while kids have fun learning these key words necessary to improve reading.
- short a words – cab, fan, bag, jam, wax, sad, map, bat
- short e words – pep, net, gem, bed, leg, web, Rex, pen
- short i words – kid, six, fin, lip, bib, wig, rim, kit
- short o words – Mom, pod, cog, log, fox, top, boy, pot, son
- short u words – cup, gum, tux, bug, tub, sun, mud, hut
- Short e CVC Words Cut & Paste Booklet
- Scarecrow CVC Word Mats
- CVC Games Kindergarten
- Free Printable CVC Word Search Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Hands-on CVC Words valentine cvc worksheets
- CVC words with pictures pdf Printable
- Color-the-Letter to spell the picture, Free Printable CVCe Worksheets
- Free Printable Short Vowel Worksheets
- Short a Worksheets Cut & paste Booklet
- Pirate cvc words short a
- Short A Books free Emergent Reader
- Detective Short e cvc worksheets
- Short i Words cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short I Words Emergent Reader
- Farm short i cvc words worksheets
- Short o Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet
- Scarecrow Short o Words Printable
- Short u Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet
- Short u CVC words Printable cut and paste activity
- CVC Words Middle Sounds in Words Clip Cards
- CVC Ending Sounds Clip Cards or this other set of CVC Ending Sound clip cards
- Missing Vowels Puzzles Free Clip Cards
- See TONS of fun an dfree CVC Activities here!
CVC Word Activities
- Super cute and handy, Free CVC Puzzles
- Christmas CVC Words Clip Cards
- Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- Ending Sounds Clip Cards (or version 2)
- Free, Black and White CVC Crack the Code Worksheets
- Secret CVC Words Worksheets – Beginning Sounds with Magnetic Letters
- Detective Case File Crack the Code CVC Words
- Crack the Code CVC Words Worksheets
- Peter Pan CVC Coloring Pages
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Caterpillar Spring CVC Words
- Baseball CVC Rhyming Words
- Build a Snowman Winter CVC Words Practice
- Ice Cream CVC Word Match & Build
- Bee CVC Worrksheets pdf
- Easter CVC Words Activity
- Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh
- Star Wars CVC Games
- 4th of July CVC Words Activity
- Cooking Up Rhymes: Read & Dab CVC Words Activity
- Going on a Bear Hunt CVC Games Online
- Baseball CVC Rhyming Words
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
- Roll and Read CVC Sentences
- Monster Match CVC Words Worksheets
- Farm CVC Animal Words
- Sundae CVC words worksheets for kindergarten pdf free
- “at” CVC Word family worksheets pdf
- Heart Penguin CVC Words
- Dab-a-Dot CVC Worksheets Mazes
- Popsicle Rhyme & Dab CVC Words Practice
- Airplane Rhyming Words CVC Words Worksheets
- CVC Games pdf – Word Bump
- Spring Bird CVC Word Activity
- Ice Cream CVC Word Activities
- Reading Words Free CVC Printables
- Short a words Reader
- Caterpillar CVC Word mats
- Snowman CVC Words Activity
- BUMP! CVC Words Game
- Christmas CVC Words Printable
- at Family Words Worksheets
- Planting Carrots CVC Activity for Kindergarten
- Secret Decoder CVC Word Activities
Looking for more fun preschool science experiments to try this February? Check out these ideas!
- These super cute and EASY Science Valentines use science to blow up a balloon to reveal a hidden message
- Simply science fun Fizzy Love Potion Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Kids will be amazed with this fun density jar Valentines Day Science Experiment (honey, corn syrup, maple syrup, hand soap, water, vegetable oil)or try this density valentines day science (corn syrup, whole milk, lavender dish soap, water, baby oil, rubbing alcohol)
- Quick and easy, February Fizzy Hearts Science Experiment
- Valentines Day Experiment making slt crystal hearts in February
- February themed, Simple balloon static electricity experiments for kids
- Valentines Day Science with Magic Milk activity
- Love Potion #9 Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
- Skittle Heart Science valentines day activities for toddlers
- 25 Epic Valentines Day Science Experiments for kids
Valentines Day Activities
- Have a blast with this outrageously fun Oobleck valentines day activitiies for preschoolers or this red valentines day oobleck version
- Grab this Free Valentines Day Printables with Stem challenges using Lego bricks
- Shimmery pink Slime Valentines recipe kids will love!
- Grab some pretty straw for this Valentine STEM activities
- Find lots of fun February Activities for kids here!
- EPIC Purple Slime Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Red Hot Valentines Slime recipe for kids
- Simple Oil and Water Valentines Day Science for kids
- Simple Dancing Conversation Hearts Experiment – Valentines day activities for preschoolers and kids of all ages!
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- ABC Hole Punch Valentines activities for preschool – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- H is for Heart Worksheets – practie tracing and writting the letter h.
- ABC Valentine Worksheets for Preschool and kindergarten – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Alphabet Valentine Preschool Worksheets – with a free pritnable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies (pictured above)
- Valentines Alphabet game – kids will have fun matching upper and lowercase letter heart puzzles
- Grab some converstion hearst and our printable alphabet pages for a fun, hands-on Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
- Chocolate Sight Words Valentine’s day activities for preschoolers – matching activity to practice identifying and reading key sight words.
- Heart CVC Words Valentine activities for kindergarten– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Color by Sight Word Valentine Worksheets – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Valentines Day Sight Words Mats – super cute, low prep activity for practicing bulding sight words
- Pre-writing Valentine Worksheets for preschool
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s day worksheets for preschoolers! There are over 30 different sucte, clever activities for Toddler, Preschool, and Kindergarten age kids!
Valentines Day Math
- Free Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Valentines Roll and Cover math activity for working on number sense
- Valentines Day Worksheets learning about symmetry with drawing prompts.
- Heart Penguin Skip Counting Strips – simple Valentine math for kindergartners
- Love Monster Ten Frame Valentines Day Math Activities
- Valentines Day Worksheets with Snap Cubes – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Free Snap Cubes Template cards for valenties day
- Lock and Key valentines activities for kids – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Valentine matching game printable – fun game to help kids work on number sense
- Count to 20 valentine math activities for preschoolers Clip Cards- kids will have fun practicing counting using a ten frame with this fun math activity for prek / kindergartners
- Chocolate Shape Preschool valentine games – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Count to 10 Valentine math activities for preschoolers – young learners will have practicing counting sprinkles and matching the puzzles
- Super cute Valentine Roll and Cover Printable for preschoolers
- Count and Trace Valentine’s Day Counting Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Printable Valentines Day Counting Cards – these cute Valentines Day Counting Cards are great for young learners
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this February activities for preschoolers
Valentines Day Crafts & Activities
- 30 Fabulous February Crafts for kids of all ages
- Valentines Day Crafts for Kids – even more unique and creative heart crafts for kids
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Fingerprint Heart Tree is such a cute Valentine art and craft ideas for preschoolers
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Valentine Cookie Bath for Kids
- Heart Sticker Valentine projects for toddlers – super cute and precious Valentines Day craft for kids
- Learn about famous artists with this beautiful Matisse Valentines Art Project
- 26 Valentines Day Projects for Kids to make with their hands
- 21 Conversation Heart Crafts for Kids – kids will have fun crafting with this traditional valentine candy
- Valentines Day Countdown Craft for kids
- H is for heart worksheeet and simple hand art craft
- Heart Mobile Valentine’s day craft ideas – super cute and simple craft for February
- Simple Salt Painting Valentines Day activities for preschoolers with free templates
- Cactus valentine craft – free printable valentine activities for preschoolers to cut and paste
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- I spy Valentine Worksheet – this is a fun valentines day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Hugs and Kisses Tic-tac-toe Preschool Valentine
- Valentine coloring pages for preschool – kids will have fun improving coordination and strengthning fine motor skills with these pre writing pages.
- Free Valentines Day Pre-Writing Worksheets – fun way for kids to strenthen hand muscles and cordination with a fun February theme.
- Sunday school valentine crafts – perfect February craft for students learning about the ten commandments
- Simple, Free Valentines day coloring pages pdf – simple coloring pages perfect for toddler, preschool, and kindergartners
Valentines Day Printables
- February Stories for Kids – you will love that all the planning is done for you with our free printable calendars! Each day has a book and activity based on a fun holiday or special day!
- February Family Meal Planner – take all the work out of planning meals with our printable menu and grocery list!
- Grab these super cute valentine’s day coupons for your spouds or kids!
- Our kids favorite tradition! Grab these FREE printable Valentine Hearts on Bedroom Door to leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Free Printable Slime Valentines for classmates and friends
- Pencil Valentine Printable for kids to share
- Plus don’t forget to grab these valentine books for preschool or take a peak at our Preschool Valentine Ideas or our Valentines Day Theme for Elementary age students.
Conversation Heart CVC Words
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!