Grab the cute heart themed printable CVC Words Activities to make practicing reading and spelling simple CVC words fun for preschool, pre-k, kindegarten, and first grade students. We like to use this valentines day printables to engage students and make practice FUN. We use this for Preschool Valentines Day and valentine activities for kindergarten. THis is such a fun pre k valentines to sneak some cvc word practice into February! SImply download pdf file with cvc words worksheet and you are ready to play and learn.
Preschool Valentines Day
Make Preschool Valentines Day extra fun by using themed, educational learning activities in the weeks leading up to February 14. This fun cvc words game has students look at the picture in the candy jar, say the word out loud and listen for the individual sounds in the cvc word. Next, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students will spell the word letter-by-letter using the conversation heart candy letter tiles on the mat. THis valentine activities for kindergarten is sure to help kids improve reading and spelling skills with simple cvc words for kids with fun valentines themes.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love using this activity with your children to work on beginning phonics skills. As children use phonemic awareness to listen for the alphabet sounds and spell the word they will use their phonics skills. Use this phonics activity at home, in litearcy centers in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
Valentines Day Activities
Kindergarten Valentines Day
We love making learning fun with valentines day activities for preschoolers! This hands on valentine activities for kindergarten is a great way for preschoolers and kindergartners to practice CVC words while having fun with a february themed activity.
Start out by getting the free valentines day printable by scrolling to the bottom of the post and clicking on the text link that says >> Download <<. Next, download and print the cvc words activity in color on cardstock or laminate for durability.
CVC Words Activity
Cut the candy jar strips apart along the solid lines and the converstaion heart letters out. You may want to store the activity in one plastic envelope or by short vowels to make it easier for kids. They can focus on just short a, short e, short i, short o, or short u at a time in this valentines day activities for kindergarten.
Valentine Activities for Kindergarten
Students will pull out a strip with a candy jar. They will say the name of the picture out loud. As they say the word out loud they will listen for the sounds of each letter in the word. Finally, students will put the letter conversation hearts on the mat to spel out the word they sounded out.
Each word is a simple cvc word with a short vowel in the middle. This is a great activity to work on phonemic awareness and early phonics practice.
This activity is great for teachers, parents, homeschoolers, and preschools! This is great for improving literacy, and reading readiness while kids have fun learning these key words necessary to improve reading.
- short a words – cab, fan, bag, jam, wax, sad, map, bat
- short e words – pep, net, gem, bed, leg, web, Rex, pen
- short i words – kid, six, fin, lip, bib, wig, rim, kit
- short o words – Mom, pod, cog, log, fox, top, boy, pot, son
- short u words – cup, gum, tux, bug, tub, sun, mud, hut
CVC Words Activity
Here are even more fun, creative educational activities for kids. These early literacy activities for preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students are a great way to practice CVC words.
- Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh. If you are looking for a fun way to practice CVC words with a holiday theme, you will love this free printable activity.
- This super cute Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity is a great way for kids to improve reading while having fun with an educational activity.
- 4th of July CVC Words Activity. Sneak in some summer learning with this sight words activity for early learners.
- Make practicing Short Vowel CVC Words with these engaging puzzles. This is such a fun, low prep, free printable literacy activity.
- Scarecrow CVC Words Activity is a fun fall themed literacy activity for preschoolers, kinderartners, and first graders.
- This adorable Crayon CVC Words Activity is perfect for back to school learning with young kids.
- Perfect for spring; build these Caterpillar CVC Words.
- Do you want to build a snowman? How about a non-cold CVC Words Snowman!
- CVC Word Middle Sounds Clip Cards are a fun way to practice
- Cut and Paste to make these CVC Words Printables to help kids practice sounding out words
- Tons of really fun, engaging, and Free CVC Words Activities
- Crack the Code CVC Words Worksheets
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentine’s Day Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentine Math Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Love Potion – Valentines Day Science
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Valentine Cards
- Conversation Heart Ooblek – FUN Valentines Day Activity for Kids
- Salt Painting Valentines Day Activity
- EASY Skittles Valentines Day Science Activities
- Happy Slime-tines – Free Printable Valentines Day Cards
- EASY Static Electricity Balloon Experiment
- Practice shapes with this hands-on Valentines Day STEM Activities
- Fizzy Heart Science Project – Valentines Day Activities for Kids
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Download Conversation Heart CVC Words
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!