Grab this letter sounds activity for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children who are learning letter sounds. This free printable spring learning activity is a quick, easy, and effective beginning sounds activities. Simply print the letter sounds games and you are ready to play and learn!
Letter Sounds Activity
Preschool and kindergarten kids will love these letter sounds bird themed letter alphabet strip puzzles! Looking for a fun way to reinforce and practice beginning sounds and letter ID in one activity? These puzzle cards will have kids identifying the letters and finding their letter sounds or and circle the match. The puzzles are easy to prep and you could also add links to include a fun fine motor skill to this activity.
Learning Letter Sounds
- A4 paper
- Counters (or mini erasers)
Print two sets of these puzzles and laminate them for durability. Print any set you wish according to the needs of your group of students. Cut out the strips after laminating. Have some counters on the table ready for kids to use to ‘hatch’ the matching egg and identify the letter sounds.
Letter sound games
Use these puzzles to help kids develop letter identification skills and strengthen their letter sound knowledge. Kids need to master their letter sounds and identification as it is a critical component to prepare them for reading. Introduce the puzzle cards and show the kids how to use each strip by identifying the letter sound of the letter shown on the bird card. The idea is that kids will ‘hatch’ the matching letter sound egg. A great way to work on these puzzles is to create a competition where the kids have to find and match a certain number of puzzle cards to win the game. This game is simple enough for preschool kids aged 3 and over and well as for kindergarten kids!
Beginning sounds activities
You could also print these on large A3 poster paper and make major super sized puzzles.
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups. If it’s a group of kids working on a set of puzzles, you can either choose a number of letters to work on or the whole set.
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Ladybug Counting Mats – playdough activity using a ten frame
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella Letter Matching Printable
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Crafts for Preschoolers
- Straw Painting Whale Craft
- Camping Name Craft for Preschoolers
- Cheery Suncatcher Sun Craft for Preschoolers
- Printable Alphabet Crafts
- Exploding Paint Craft
- Simply Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Simple Sunflowers Craft for Preschoolers
- Printable Caterpillar Craft for Preschoolers
- Super Cute Printable Paper Fish Craft for Preschoolers
- Printable Giraffe Craft for Preschoolers
- Paint Swatch Tree Craft for Preschoolers
Crafts for Kids
To help you get started, here are some of our favorite kids crafts.
- Cute Printable Flower Name Craft
- Paper Plate Parrot Craft
- Adorable Donut Father’s Day Craft
- Counting Pumpkin Pie Craft
- Fidgetspinner Firework Craft Ideas
- Pretty Tulip Flower Crafts
- Simple Balloon Painting Art Project
- Bubble Wrap and Pufy Paint Ice Cream Craft
- Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Space Name Craft for Preschoolers
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers
Initial sounds activities
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!