Children will love learning sight words with this cute monster sight word reader. When decorating the cute monsters, they can get as creative as they want, then enjoy learning to read the sight word and sentence.
Preschool Sight Words
Learning pre k sight words is fun with this free printable, monster theme sight word reader. Kids will have fun practicing key pre primer dolch sight words, with this fun printable reader. While reading this book, children will learn seventeen different sight words. They are: a, and, away, big, blue, can, down, find, for, one, see, yellow, red, you, not, three, run.
Sight Word Reader
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love this LOW PREP, fun sight word activity to help preschoolers, prek, and kindergartners improve reading skills and fluency. This is great for a monster theme, summer learning, extra practice, literacy center, homework, seat work, or as a supplement to your language arts curriculum.
Printable Sight Word Book
This emergent reader has one page for each of the seventeen different sight words. On each page there is a picture of a cute, fun, and silly monster (not scary!).
Children will want to look through their book and see all the different monsters first. So I let them colour the pages with crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. Once they have colored in their free reader (and seen all the happy monsters) they are ready to start learning sight words!
- Trace the pre k sight word. As students trace the commonly used words, they practice visual discrimination, improve hand muscles/coordination, work on forming letters correction, & practice reading and spelling the word.
- Read Simple Sentence. On the bottom of the page is a sentence which contains the featured sight word in bold. You may want to have kids trace or circle the word in the sentence as well.
As they read the sentence, it might be easier for them to point to each word with their finger.
Sight Word Printables
Looking for more free sight word worksheets, printable sight word games, and fun activities? Try these free resources:
- Chocolate Box Sight Words Game
- Apple Preschool Sight Words Tracing Strips
- Construction Sight Words Game
- Fishing for Sight Words Activity
- Christmas Sight Words Game
- Color by Code Worksheets
- Fall Sight Words Printable
- Summer Preschool Sight Words
- Rapunzel Color by Sight Words Worksheet
- Beach Sight Words Printable Pack
- Train Sight Words Game
- Flower Sight Word Printable Mazes
- Farm Sight Words Game
- Monster Alphabet Find & Trace
- Feed the Monster Letter Activity
- Monster Shape Printable Playdough Mats
- Monster Printable Memory Game – Count to 10
- Counting & Addition Monster Printable Game
- Monster Printable Counting Mats
- Monsters Themed Worksheets
Monster Emergent Reader
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!