Be prepared for your preschooler to completely fall in love with this low prep dinosaur number recognition game for preschoolers. Roll and Cover games are always a hit for both preschooler and their teachers/parents. This one is especially a winner if you have a dinosaur lover.
Number Recognition Games
Your preschooler will work on multiple algebraic thinking skills while completing this activity. They will work on 1:1 correspondence, subitizing, and number recognition.
Adding a die adds an element of fun to any activity for kids and instantly turns it into a game. The best part is that a die has so much educational value.
- Dinosaur Roll and Cover
- Small Manipulative like mini erasers
Number Game for Preschoolers
- Download the FREE Dinosaur Roll and Cover Template below.
- Print the template.
- Roll the die.
- Count the number of dots on the die and cover the corresponding number dinosaur with a manipulative.
- Repeat until you have covered all the numbers.
Modifications for this Activity
- Place an equal number of manipulatives on the corresponding dinosaurs; for example, place 5 erasers on the dinosaur with the number 5 on it.
- Laminate for durability and to use multiple times
If you are looking for other fun, free dinosaur printables to make learning fun with a dinosaur theme you will love these resources:
- Dinosaur Ten Frame Addition
- Dino Number Recognition Games
- Dinosaur Unit 2nd Grade
- Printable Dinosaur Color by Number Worksheets
- D is for Dinosaur
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Fun
- Dino Bones Punctuation Game
- Dinosaur Worksheets Preschool
- Dinosaur Printables
- Printable Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Dinosaur Science Preschool
- Dinosaur Kindergarten STEM Activities
- Free Dinosaur Math Worksheets
Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Shape Flashcard Treasure Hunt – kids will have fun looking for shapes around them with this fun shape game
- Number Tracing Sandcastles – practice counting and tracing numbers-1-20 with this super cute summer themed math activity
- Count to 10 Spider Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with these super cute playdough mats
- Do a Dot Number Worksheets using bingo dauber markers are a fun way for kids to practice counting
- Strawberry Preschool Counting Activity – this art and math activity is perfect for summer learning
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats – kids will have fun using playdough to practice counting
- Fish Cracker Counting cards – this clever activity allows kids to use goldfish to practice counting and one to one correspondence
- Lego Number Mats use duplo blocks to practice counting and include a space for tracing numbers 1-10
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with Stickers – such a fun, hands on counting activity for preschoolers
- Coin Recognition Sorting Mats – this math activity is a great way for kids to start learning about American money
- Zoo Animals Color by Number – these math worksheets allow kids to work on number recognition while revealing hidden pictures
Download Dinosaur Roll and Cover Template
Before you download your Dinosaur Roll and Cover Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.