Art is not just fun. There are so many benefits for children who explore art. Everything from motor skills, colors, math, language, and so much more. This simple dinosaur art preschool is great for kids of all ages, but it is simple enough that toddler, pre-k, and kindergarten students to gain benefits from it. Simply print pdf file with dinosaur printables and grab some paint and get your children ready to do this Dinosaur Painting activity!
Dinosaur Art Preschool
This dinosaur painting activity is not your typical painting activity. It actually does not include a paint brush. At least not in your traditional form. This dinosaur art preschool is a fun, engaging way for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarnters to create a dinosaur craft while having fun with this unique painting technique. All you need are the dinosaur templates to get starte with this dinosaur preschool crafts. So add this dinosaur painting easy to your dinosaur theme or d is for dinosaur letter of the week and get ready for a prehestoric good time!
Dinosaur Preschool Crafts
All you need for ths fun dinosaur craft are a few simple materials:
- Green Paint
- Clothes Pin
- Printables (included)
- Paper Plate
Take the clothes pin and squeeze it open around the cotton ball and then close it. This is now your paint brush. Why use this instead of a traditional paint brush? You can use a traditional paint brush, but this is a little chunkier. That is great for toddler hands. Also, this can be used in stamping motion instead of painting. That motion can be easier for toddlers also.
Kids can dip the cotton ball in the paint and then onto the paper and it will ‘paint’ the dinosaur in an easier fashion for little hands.
We included three of the most common dinosaurs and they fill the page. This will help little ones be able to paint the whole dinosaur too.
One idea I had after we did this activity is, after the dino is painted and the paint dries, you could cut the dinosaur out. You could use them to make a banner, hang in a picture frame, put on your art display wall or put in a card for grandparents. It is seriously so cute that it needs to be displayed somehow.
Dinosaur painting easy
How is this beneficial?
The way children hold the clothes pin and stamp the paint filled cotton ball onto the paper is helping to strengthen their little hand muscles. These muscles are critical for future tasks and skills. Without these muscles being strengthened, children will have a difficult time holding a pencil, knowing how to color or write, zipping a zipper or tying their shoes. Working these muscles does not require a gym, but fun activities like this painting activity. It is that simple.
You could add in different colors and have the child identify the colors. There is no reason why the dinosaur can’t be red or purple!
For older children, there is space on the page that they could paint the dinosaur and then paint or draw a scene around it.
If you are looking for other fun, free dinosaur printables to make learning fun with a dinosaur theme you will love these resources:
- Dinosaur Ten Frame Addition
- Dino Number Recognition Games
- Dinosaur Unit 2nd Grade
- Printable Dinosaur Color by Number Worksheets
- D is for Dinosaur
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Fun
- Dino Big and Small Activities for Preschooler
- Dino Bones Punctuation Game
- Dinosaur Worksheets Preschool
- Dinosaur Printables
- Printable Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Dinosaur Science Preschool
- Dinosaur Kindergarten STEM Activities
- Free Dinosaur Math Worksheets
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Learn the days of the week for kids with these super cute, free days of the week printables
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic
Printable Dinosaur Templates
Before you grab your Dinosaur Roll and Cover Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.