December is here and that means it’s time to incorporate some engaging holiday activities to our days to make learning fun with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students. This free twas the night before Christmas activity printables is a low-prep Christmas theme counting book. Simply download pdf file with Christmas worksheets, color, and count to 10. As children practice counting Santa, sleighs, stockings, presents, reindeer, chimney, wreath, Christmas trees, and more – they will learn to count one to ten.
The Night Before Christmas Worksheets
This super cute and fun-to-color Night Before Christmas Counting Book is a great way to introduce children to their numbers and to counting to 10. Kids will color the pages (strengthening fine motor skills they will need to write) and count the cute clipart Christmas items for a fun Christmas Math activity for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love printing off these Christmas worksheets that you can turn in to a printable counting book. This no prep activity is great for extra practice, math centers in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Twas the night before Christmas Activity Printables
While reading through this counting book and coloring in the pictures, children will be learning and practicing many things:
- Working on their reading skills
- Working on their number word skills
- Working on their counting skills
- Working on their fine motor skills while coloring
Printable twas the night before Christmas
To prepare this twas the night before christmas printable book, you will need to:
- Print the free Night Before Christmas Themed Counting Book
- Carefully use scissors to cut out the pages of the counting book
- Staple together the pages on the left hand side in the margin provided
- To make this activity more fun, read The Night Before Christmas to children before they complete the counting book.
To use this book:
- Read the sentence for your child while pointing to the words.
- Have your children say the sentence while pointing to the words.
- Color in the pictures on the page before moving onto the next page.
Twas the night before Christmas activities
For further learning, children could use counters, Christmas themed mini erasers, pom poms or playdough to count out the number. As the numbers in the sentences in these books are written in word form, children could also practice writing the number on the top right hand side of the page in number form. They could also write the number words or even the sentences on a separate sheet of paper.
The pages of this book could also be laminated and hung up like posters which children can refer to throughout the Christmas season.
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more fun Christmas themed, FREE printables for preschoolers in December? You will love these choices:
- Christmas Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Easy-to-Make Christmas Hat Craft for Kids
- These Christmas sight Word Games help kids work on reading fluency.
- Kids will have fun practicing patterns with this Free Christmas Patterns Activity
- Christmas Math Mats
- Christmas Themed Worksheets
- Christmas Tracing and Cutting Strips
- Help kids work on color recognition with these Stockings Christmas Color Game
- Practice Counting to 20 with these Christmas Tree Playdough Mats
- These Christmas Stocking Traceable Letters are a fun way to practice writing alphabet letters
- Kids will have fun strengthening hand muscles while making Christmas shapes with these free playdough mats
Download Twas the Night Before Christmas Story Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!