Christmas is on the way and what better way to bring some Christmas into your learning than with this fun, FREE and low-prep The Night Before Christmas themed counting book. It is a great way for young children to practice counting from one to ten.
The Night Before Christmas
This Night Before Christmas Counting Book is a great way to introduce children to their numbers and to counting.
While reading through this counting book and coloring in the pictures, children will be learning and practicing many things:
- Working on their reading skills
- Working on their number word skills
- Working on their counting skills
- Working on their fine motor skills while coloring
To prepare this book, you will need to:
- Download the free Night Before Christmas Themed Counting Book
- Cut out the pages of the counting book
- Staple together on the left hand side in the margin provided
- To make this activity more fun, read The Night Before Christmas to children before they complete the counting book.
To use this book:
- Read the sentence for your child while pointing to the words.
- Have your children say the sentence while pointing to the words.
- Color in the pictures on the page before moving onto the next page.
Twas the Night Beofre Christmas
For further learning, children could use counters, Christmas themed mini erasers, pom poms or playdough to count out the number. As the numbers in the sentences in these books are written in word form, children could also practice writing the number on the top right hand side of the page in number form. They could also write the number words or even the sentences on a separate sheet of paper.
The pages of this book could also be laminated and hung up like posters which children can refer to throughout the Christmas season.
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more fun Christmas themed, FREE printables for preschoolers in December? You will love these choices:
- Christmas Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Easy-to-Make Christmas Hat Craft for Kids
- These Christmas sight Word Games help kids work on reading fluency.
- Kids will have fun practicing patterns with this Free Christmas Patterns Activity
- Christmas Math Mats
- Christmas Themed Worksheets
- Christmas Tracing and Cutting Strips
- Help kids work on color recognition with these Stockings Christmas Color Game
- Practice Counting to 20 with these Christmas Tree Playdough Mats
- These Christmas Stocking Traceable Letters are a fun way to practice writing alphabet letters
- Kids will have fun strengthening hand muscles while making Christmas shapes with these free playdough mats
Download Twas the Night Before Christmas Story Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!