Looking for a fun new way to familiarize your preschooler or kindergartener with the alphabet? Try the magnetic alphabet matchup game! This unique game is fun ways to use magnetic letters your kids are sure to remember. Simply print alphabet printable and you are ready to play this magnetic abc game!
Alphabet Game for Preschoolers
Teaching the alphabet to young kids is both a fundamental necessity and can also feel pretty tricky at times. Once they learn the alphabet, so many educational opportunities open up, such as reading and writing. But the alphabet is one of the first things they learn, before even knowing how to actually LEARN stuff, so we find ways to make it fun! Your preschooler or kindergartener will love this magnetic alphabet match-up game. It will teach them how to recognize both the lower and upper case forms of the letters. The best part is they will be having so much fun, it won’t even feel like school! Alphabet Printable
To get started with your magnetic alphabet matchup game, first grab the alphabet printable below. Your printable will have the option of either uppercase or lowercase letters to print, depending on what magnets you have available. Aside from the printable, here are the rest of the items needed to get the game set up:
- Magnetic tape
- A stick of some sort
- Magnetic letters
- Optional: container to put letters in
- Optional: sensory item to add to container
Once you have all your items, the set up is very simple! Tie string to one end of the stick. At the other end of the string, attach a strip of the magnetic tape. For the container, you can either choose to only put the magnetic letters in, or add a sensory item such as rice. We chose to spread them out on the table to spread them out more!
When your game is all set up, your preschooler or kindergartener can start “fishing” for letters! They will simply hold the stick so that the string is over the letters, and move it around until they “catch” one. This is where your alphabet printable will come in.
If you are using lowercase letters, the printable should have uppercase letters. Your student can match the lowercase to its uppercase version, and continue until all the letters are found. If they are just starting out with upper/lower letter recognition, help them along the way. As they play the game more often, it will be easier to remember on their own!
There are so many ways to teach the alphabet to little ones, but the best ways are those that make it fun. As an added bonus, as your preschooler or kindergartener work on their letter recognition skills, they will also enhance their focus and fine motor skills as well. The magnetic alphabet match-up game will likely become a fast favorite in your home for everyone!
Alphabet Printables for Preschoolers
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Learn the days of the week for kids with these super cute, free days of the week printables
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Rabbit Themed Alphabet Handwriting, Alphabet Train Activity, and Felt Alphabet Activity
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
Letter Matching Games
Looking for more fun and FREE letter recognition games? Check these out:
- Gumball Alphabet Matching Game
- Leaf Alphabet Matching Game
- Summer Matching Letter Game
- Ice Cream Alphabet Printable Matching Puzzles
- Seashell Alphabet Letters Summer Kindergarten Activity
- Swimming Goggles Alphabet Puzzles Summer Kindergarten Activity
- Sandcastle Letter Matching Summer Kindergarten Activity
- Flip Flop Summer Kindergarten Activity
- Letter Matching Spring Activity for Preschoolers
- School Bus Letter Matching
- Hop It Alphabet Matching Game Printable
- Clip It Alphabet Matching Game
- Paper Plate Letter Recognition Activity
- Alphabet Go Fish Printable Game
- Free Printable Alphabet Letters upper and lower case puzzles
- Lion King Inspired Letter Matching Game
- Nuts About the Alphabet – Letter Matching Game
- Alphabet Soup Letter Recognition Activity
- Apple Free Alphabet Strip pdf
- Grass Alphabet Puzzles – Letter Matching Activity
- Flower Letter Recognition Games Printable
- School Bus Letter Matching Puzzles for First Day of School Activity
- Hamburger Alphabet Puzzles – Free alphabet printables
- Spring Shower Alphabet Matching Game
- Polar Bear Printable Alpahbet Matching Game
- Bunny Letter Matching Puzzles
- Tools Matching Upper and Lowercase Letters
Letter Recognition Printables
If you prefer no prep, letter recognition worksheets – try these free resources:
- Super cute Letter Recognition Worksheets from A to Z
- Free ABC Letter Find Printable
- Gumball I Spy Alphabet Worksheets
- Printable Letter Identification Cards
- Sports Themed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Robot Letter Recognition Printables
- Letter FInd Pumpkin Printables
- Apple Find the Letter Tracing Worksheets
- Bug Letter Find Worksheets
- Cinderella Color by Letter Disney Princess Worksheets
- Snow Globe Letter Find Winter Worksheets
- Christmas Worksheets Tree Letter Find
- Spring Find the Letter Worksheets
- Dinosaur Alphabet Printables – Find the Letter
- Fish Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Free Letter Recognition Worksheets to use with bingo daubers
- Letter Recognition Worksheets for Fall sticker activity
- Star Wars Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Letter Find Worksheets
Free printable alphabet
By print from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!