Preschoolers and kindergarteners will love learning about landforms while working on their fine motor skills with this fun Do A Dot Printables Landforms Book. This science activity focuses on eleven different landforms: canyon, desert, hills, island, lake, mountains, ocean, plain, river, valley and volcano.
Landforms for Kids
This low-prep landforms printables is great for parents, teachers or homeschoolers whose children enjoy working on their fine motor skills and are looking to build their science knowledge.
While reading through this book, children will learn to identify eleven different landforms. Once they have completed each page, they can staple them together to create their very own landforms mini book. This mini book is perfect for preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students who are working on their fine motor and handwriting skills. They can be used in a literacy centers, as extra practice, as you school at home, summer learning or as part of a science lesson.
Download the pdf file and print off the six pages of the book onto white cardstock or paper. These pages will then need to be cut in half to make into the book. They could also be laminated for durability and multiple use.
Do a Dot Printables
There are many ways children can complete this book. After identifying the landform, they will trace the name of the landform. The various landforms included in this do a dot activity include: canyons, deserts, a hill, islands, lakes, mountain, ocean, plains, rivers, valleys and volcanos.
Now comes the fun part! You will complete your book while strengthening fine motor skills by adding colour! You can use do-a-dot marker (also known as bingo markers or bingo daubers), crayons, markers, circle stickers, playdough, paints using a q-tip, or coloring pencils.
If you are using this fun leaning activity in a classroom you may want to laminate the pages and have students cover the spaces with dry erase markers, pom poms, playdough balls, buttons, or another easily removed object for your science center. Once laminated, the pages could be held together in a binder ring for convenience.
This fun and free Landforms printable book comes completely in color to keep kids engaged, learning, having fun, and able to visualize what these amazing landforms found in every country, continent on planet Earth look like!
You may also enjoy these other great activities:
- Landforms Themed Worksheets for learning math, literacy, and science terms too!
- Look inside a Volcano Science Project
- Landform Booklet
- Edible Rocks – a fun way to learn about Rocks
- Landform Cards
- What is the Earth Made of Science Project
- Landforms Lapbook
- Biome Coloring Pages
- Animal Cookie Habitats for Kids
Landforms Worksheets for Preschoolers
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!