If you are looking for a simple, fun flower activity for preschooolers – you will love this baking soda and vinegar experiment! In this flower activities, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders will what a simple chemical reaction take place between vinegar and baking soda. This a really easy flower science experiments for preschoolers that is the perfect addition to a flower themes for preschool!
Flower Activity for Preschoolers
The goal of preschool science is to get kids asking questions, exploring, and making observations. This play based flower experiment for preschool is an easy science experiment that accomplishes jus that! Creat your baking soda flower and then add vinegar for a cool baking soda and vinegar reaction. This flower activities for preschool is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this plant activity idea perfect for May, spring, and summer!
Flower science activities for preschoolers
To try this cute flower activity you will need a few simple materials you probably already have on hand in your kitchen:
- 1-2 boxes baking soda (depending on the size and number of flowers you want to make)
- clear dish soap
- green popsicle stick for stem
- flower cookie cutter (optional)
- food coloring (we used red and blue, but this is optional)
- bowl and spoon to mix it up
- tray or rectangular pan
- squirt bottle, eyedropper, or baster
flower experiment for preschool
In a small bowl, add food coloring and clear dish soap to make a colored mixture for your flower petals.
flower science experiments for preschoolers
Using the colored baking soda, shape the mixture to make flowers on the green craft stick stem.
HINT: You can buy craft sticks already green, or use a plain popsicle stick you color green with a marker.
flower activities for preschool
This is the STEM spring activity part. You can create your flowers howeever you like with the baking soda. Get artistic if you like with size, colors, petal shape, etc. Just make sure they fit on your plate.
flowers for preschoolers
We tinted our vinegar blue so you can see what happens; it reminded me of rain. Squirt the vinegar on the baking soda. Ask students what they observe.
baking soda and vinegar experiment
Continue squirting vinegar on baking soda flowers to observe the fun, fizzy reaction that takes place.
The science behind these dissolving flowers come from the fact that we combined baking soda (a base) and vinegar (an acid) to make a chemical reaction. This baking soda and vinegar reaction creates a gas called carbon dioxide. You can see, hear, feel, and smell the simple chemical reaction asit bubbles, foams, and expands while. As the flowers get used up in the reaction they will dissolve and eventually dissapear into the vinegar liquid on your plate.
Simple flower activity for preschooolers with a baking soda and vinegar experiment! Use this flower activities in your upcoming theme!
Learn about amazing plants for kids iwith this intersting and fun botany lesson for kids! From fascinating facts about plants for kids, plant worksheets, hands-on plant activities, creative plant experiments, and even tests with answer keys to test what your child has learned, you will love this fun printable science lesson for kids! Use this plant lesson with first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, and 8th graders too.
>>>> Get our plant lesson here <<<<<
Preschool flower theme activities
- Potato Maze – Summer STEM Activity for Kids
- Water Pollution for Kids Science Expeirment
- Simple Geranium Photosynthesis Experiment for Kids
- How to Regrow Celery in Water
- Food coloring flower experiment worksheet Science Experiment for kids
- Color Changing Flower Experiment learning about capillar action
Flower theme for preschool
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
- Grow Crystals Flower Experiment
- Easy BEE Pollination Experimnt for kids using Jello
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Seeds and Plants Unit filled with hands-on Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- Beautiful Chromatography for Kids Flower Project
- Free Printable Parts of a Plant Flipbook
- Life Cycle of a Sunflower Worksheet Pack
- LOTS of Gardening with Kids tips and information
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheets and Observation Book
- Cute, printable Name flower craft
- Flower Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching
- Seeds and Plants Activities for Kindergarten
- Easy Celery Experiment
- Life Cycle of a Plant Worksheet Pack
- Silly Egg Head Spring Activities for Kids
- Steps to Planting a Seed Worksheet
- Grass Craft for Kids
- Stunning Lacing Flower Craft
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for SpringFun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Tulip Flower Craft for Kids
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Flower Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Worksheet
- FREE Printable Flower Scavenger Hunt
- Sunflower Printable ABC Puzzles
- Flower Beginning Sounds Activity
- Flower Kindergarten Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name Worksheet for Kindergarten
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Digraph Activity Build-a-Flower
- Planting Carrot cvc activities for kindergarten
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets to practice reading fluency
- Seeds Free Addition Games – fun math activity for kindergarten age kids
- Letter Find Flower Worksheets
- Flower Worksheets for Preschoolers to practice a variety of skills