FREE Famous Female Scientists and their Inventions Coloring Pages
Even young children will enjoy learning about Famous Female Scientists and their Inventions during women month in March! These female inventors will inspire toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children to dream big dream. Use the free printable inventor coloring pages to help kids learn some history for kids about girl inventors while strengthening fine motor skills and literacy skills. Simply print scientists coloring pages and you are ready to read, color, and learn!
Famous Female Scientists and their Inventions
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this Female Inventors themed activity which helps students strengthen their fine motor skills while working on their literacy and science skills. These free printable pages are perfect for pre-k, kindergarten, preschool and grade 1 aged students. Use these for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning, an inventor study , a science study or literacy activity or as part of an extra activity for those who finish their other work early.
At the bottom of the post you will find the pdf download file. Download this no-prep file and print off all the pages. There is one female inventor per page with a total of twelve inventors all up. The twelve inventors include:
- Anna Connelly
- Barbara Askins
- Bessie Nesmith
- Josephine Cochrane
- Joy Mangano
- Maria Beasley Cox
- Marion Donovan
- Martha Coston
- Mary Anderson
- Ruth Handler
- Ruth Wakefield
- Stephanie Kwolek
Inventor coloring pages
- Give your child one page at a time.
- After they read the name of the inventor at the top of the page, they will then trace their name. They can then practice tracing this word over and over again on a separate piece of paper.
- Then they will read a short paragraph about the woman. If they are still learning to read, they will need a little help. Point at the words as you read them to help them understand and learn to recognize new words. If there are any words that are new to them or they have difficulty saying, have them write the word out on a separate piece of paper, pronouncing it as they write the letters.
- At the side of the page is a black and white image of the woman and her invention. Children can then decorate this woman with crayons, markers, or pencils, working on their fine motor skills, while trying to carefully stay in the lines.
Scientists coloring pages
Though this activity comes in black and white only, it is a great way for children to learn more about twelve different inventors who created amazing items, while strengthening their fine motor and literacy skills.
Scientists for Kids
Looking for more fun ways to learn about famous female inventors? Check out these FREE resources below:
- Learn about famous female inventors with this read, color, and learn booklet for kids
- Female Inventors and their Inventions Notebooking Pages (Free printable)
- FREE Printable Female Inventors, Women in Science Posters
- Printable Female Science Inventor Coloring Pages
- FREE Famous Female Scientists and their Inventions Coloring Pages
- Famous Scientists for Kids Coloring Pages
- Scientist names and their inventions Reader for Kids
- Scientists for Kids Notebooking Pages
- Famous Scientists for Kids Pennants
Fun Science Experiments
Here are some of our most popular lessons and activities or see all our science for kids conveniently sorted!
- 30 Simple Machines for Kids Experiments
- Launch this experiment and record your findings with this Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
- Lots of FUN Solar System Project Ideas for kids
- Printable Solar System Worksheets (free) or planet worksheets for kindergarten
- Grab these free printable solar system coloring pages
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable body parts
- Learn about famous female inventors with this read, color, and learn booklet for kids
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments – arranged by type of science
- Free Printable Human Body for Kids Playdough Mats
- Leak proof bag fun science experiments
- Older students can dive deeper with these free skeletal system worksheet pages
- Amazing Why do leaves change color experiment
- Learn about seasons with this cool free 4 seasons printables
- Animals and their Babies matching puzzles
- Take a closer look at animals with this free printable animal report for for kids
Science Exeriments for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- Weather Unit for prek-3rd graders filled with experiments, activities and weather worksheets
- Make it rain and write your observations in these cloud in a jar experiment worksheet
- Learn about our moon with these activities and moon worksheets for 1st grade
- Free Water Cycle Worksheets for kids
- Discover a world of geology with these rock worksheets for kids
- Free printable states of matter activity with clip cards
- Discover what lies below the surface with these free Layers of Earth Worksheets
- Make playdough earth layers with this super cool geology experiment for kids
- LOTS of year-round Science Experiments for Kids
- Kids will love this outrageously fun pipe clean constellations activity
- This look inside a volcano experiment for kids takes learning to a whole new level
- Chromatography Butterflies project for kids
- Learn about the kingdom Animalia with over 20 Zoo Scavenger Hunt free printables
- Harness the power of fruit with this simple Lemon Clock for kids
- Easy Bernoulli’s principle experiment at home
- Amaze kids with this simple burning candle experiment with free worksheets
Easy Science Experiments
Explore our science projects based on all science for kids, types of free science lessons, or seasonal science experiments.
- Gross and so cool Digestive System Project for kids of all ages
- Amazing Rainbow in a Jar Experiment for Kids
- Epic Baking Soda and Vinegar Rocket Experiment
- Cool Milk and Vinegar Expeirment making plastic!
- Learn about your amazing brain with this activity and brain worksheets
- How do hands work project for kids
- Super cool and easy-to-make, working lego balloon car
- Plants for kids lesson
- Explore magnets with these EPIC magnet experiments for kids
- Popsicle Stick Catapult for kids – simple STEM project
- Simple light bulb experiment (it actually lights up!)
- Easy-to-make balloon hoovercraft
- Bouncy Eggs and eggs in vinegar experiment worksheet
- Learn about density for kids with these simple balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Create your own super simple bot
- Beautiful, color changing capillary action experiment with flowers
- WOW your kids with how to make a Newton’s cradle project
- Heat-sensitive, Color Changing Slime is SO COOL!
American History for Kids
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, make a Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolution and famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? History comes alive as they learn about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- US History for Kids – Printable Decade Posters
- Learn about US States for Kids – state coloring pages, president coloring pages, state report forms, states and capital printables, and so much more!
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
Geography for Kids
Looking for more resources and free worksheets to teach students about geography for kids? You will love these coloring sheets, printable maps, books, activities and games:
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- 16 Countries for Kids Printables
- Check out one of or MANY engaging, Free history lessons for kids
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about Vietnam For Kids Printable Mini Book
- Travel to Athens to learn about the Parthenon, Greek Food and more with these Greece for Kids printable books
- Learn about Peru for Kids with this printable book to read, color, and learn about Machu Pichu, llamas in the mountain communities, and more!
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty, learn about typical foods and more!
- Delight in all the natural wonders and historical fort in the lovely island country of Puerto Rico for Kids printable mini books to read, color, and learn!
- Kenya for Kids Printable Book to learn about this African country with lots of amazing wild life
- Learn about Israel for Kids printable mini book about this lovely country
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!