One of my favorite summer flower are pretty Zinnias. They come in so many colors and variteties, but all of them are bright, cheery, and filled with lots of petals. This cute Zinnia flower craft is a fun way to help kids take notice of the many types of flowers in our world. Plus, this flower craft for preschool, toddler, kindergarten, pre-k, and first graders uses a kid favorite technique – fingerprint painting! So add this pretty fingerprint flowers project to your summer bucket list, flower theme, or rainy day activity; kids of all ages will love making these fingerprint art ideas.
Ready to make a bouquet of fingerprint flowers? This finger print craft is such a simple, but beautiful flower craft to celebrate one of the most loved annual flowers – Zinnias! Use this fingerprint art ideato recreate your favorite color combination as toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarnters make the petals with their fingers. This fingerprint activities for preschoolers is perfect summer activity for kids at home or at art camp too. So whip up some pretty flowers with this flower craft for preschool.
All you need to make this fun fingerprint art idea are a few simple materials you probabaly already have at home1
- whtie paper
- washable ink pad
- pompom (we used a yellow one, but use whatever accent color you like0
- baby wipes for cleaning little hands (optional)
Start out by making a circl on the top half of the page lightly with pencil. This is optional, but helps guide little artists who may not know what a circle is yet. Next have children press their finger in the first color of their choice and then go around the circle on the paper. They can get more ink as they go, but use the same color for the whole circle. Wash finger.
Flower craft for preschool
Now have your child pick a second color to dip their finger in. Now make finger prints around the inner circle you previously made. As before go the entire distance around and continue to use the same color for the entire circle. Wipe fingers clean with baby wipe.
Vinerprint Painting Ideas
The last circle is the smallest and should be your child’s choice of a third color. Follow same process as before.
We like to use colors that coordinate, but are only a little different than the one before to add dimmension just like in real world Zinnia flowers.
Fingerprint Flower Preschool
Glue a pom pom in the center of your flower.
Fingerprint activities for preschoolers
Use green construction paper or a green marker to make a stem and leaves for your zinnia (s). Carefully use scissors and make little slits along the bottom and cut off the strip. Glue the grass blade strip to the bottom of your page.
Use markers to add details like butteflies, bees clouds, sun, etc.
Looking for more summer crafts for kids? You will love these cute summer crafts for preschoolers!
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Spring Umbrella Counting Crafts for Preschoolers
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Mosaic Pasta Crafts for Kids
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- Bubble Wrap and Puffy Paint Summer Ice Cream Craft for Preschoolers
- Bunny Craft for Preschoolers
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- Cute Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Cute Grass Head Spring activity for preschoolers
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science