These super cute, free printable Princess Playdough Mats are a fun way for children to strengthen hand muscles and explore their crativity. These playdough mats are a no prep playdough activity for toddler, preschool, prek, and kindergarten age children.These free playdough printables are perfect for a princess theme or a fun activity any day! Print pdf file with princess printables and you are ready to play dress-ups!
Princess Playdough Mats
Decorate the princess’ dress! This princess playdough mat is fun for little ones to work on creativity in a sensory way! Plus all that molding, rolling, and shaping is great for developing hand muscles kids will need for writing letters and numbers! Playdough, or Play-Doh, activities are great for little fingers to develop. Pair it with a printable mat like this and small objects to add detail and you have an engaging activity and it provides the opportunity to be creative as well.
Free Playdough Mats
To play with these girl dress up playdough mats, we suggest you have the following read:
- the girl doll printable playdough mat
- playdough of one or a variety of colors
- small objects to “decorate”, for example sequins, beads, rhinestones etc.
- optional- blunt tool like the back of a paintbrush to make imprints to decorate the dress even further.
You will find 2 versions of the printable, one princess has lighter skinned and hair than the other.
Press the playdough onto the dress shape. Here you can get as creative as you want. (We stayed with two colors.) Decorate the dress by using the small objects. Again, be as creative as you wish. Decorate the crown in the same manner. You can make the crown on the princess’ head too by copying the shape on the printable with playdough. Older kids might like to explore making indents/imprints on the dough to decorate the dress even further.
Preschool Palydough Ideas
Opportunity for counting, patterning, symmetry, pre-writing skills(placing items from left to right in a straight-ish row) and estimation skills(how many beads will fit in a row) arise, just to name a few educational benefits to this fun activity! Fine motor skills are another skill developed here when pressing down the playdough and picking up the small objects.
Have fun designing your own princess dress with playdough and “jewels”!
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun and free playdough mats? You will love all these fun options:
- Count to 10 Spider Playdough Mats
- Apple Count to 10 Playdough Mats
- Watermelon Seed Counting Mats
- Count to 20 Corn Playdough Mats
- Construction Count to 20 Playdough Mats
- Tools Playdough Mats
- Instruments for Kids Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Patterns for Kids Playdough Mats
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Uppercase Letter Playdough Mats with Animals from A to Z
Of if you prefer, dive into more FREE princess printables that will make learning fun for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners.
- Princess Calendar (updated annually)
- Disney Alphabet Worksheets
- Rapunzel Worksheets for Kids
- Frozen Worksheets for Kids
- Beauty and the Beast Color by Number Worksheets
- Princess Alphabet Pennants
- Cinderella Color by Letter Worksheets
- Printable Princess Alphabet Flashcards
- Princess Worksheets (practice math, literacy & more)
Princess Play Doh Mats
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!