Help kids practice matching alphabet letters with this fun, free printable letter matching game. To play this fun preschool alphabet game all you need is our upper and lower case alphabet printable and your preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten child.
Letter Matching Game
Looking for fun ways to have kids matching their alphabet letters? How about using this fun, hands-on matching capital and lowercase letters in an interactive way to help engage and motivate the kids to learn their letters! This center has a great theme which will sure to engage even the most reluctant kids. Read on to see how you can setup this fun camping themed center with magnetic letter strips. THis is perfect for preschoolers and kindergartners too!
Upper and lower case alphabet printable
Matching alphabet letters
- A4 paper (optional colored paper)
- Colored magnetic letters
Print and laminate the mats provided, cut out the mats and laminate them or place on a cookie sheet (optional) or you could leave it and use the poster paper. Place it on a tray (optional) along with some magnetic alphabet letters.
Matching upper and lowercase letters
Start by showing the kids the ‘camping trail’ on the mat. Tell them that they will be making letter matches to help the boy find his way to the sailboat. You could use one mat for each group of 4 or 5 kids.
You can also create a competition for who matches their letters and finishes the trail first (as an extension activity).
Another way you can use these mats is to hide the magnetic letters around the room and have the kids play a scavenger hunt to find and match them onto the mats. Alternatively, you can print mini copies of these mats (2 on one page) in black and white and have each child circle the letter they found around the room. Easy and fun!
Preschool Letter Games
Be sure to have your kids sound out the letter they found as they match it. As an added activity, you could have them name a word that begins with that letter such as A for apple and place the letter on the mat.
This is a great way to get pre-schoolers or kindergarten kids to practice their alphabet recognition skills in a fun and engaging activity!
Alphabet Printables for Preschoolers
- Handy, Free Alphabet Chart
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Printables
- Fruit Loop or Skittle Alphabet Mat
- Alphabet Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Bug Find the Letter Worksheets pdf
- Tracing Alphabet Popsicles Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Watermelon Seed Alphabet Mats Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Apple is for Apple Printable teaching beginning sounds from A to Z
- Flower Begining Sound Activity
- Traceable Alphabet Preschool Apple Activity
- Letter Crafts – we have a free printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Simple preschool alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- Animal Alphabet Worksheets – dab the letter and trace the uppercase and lower case letters
- Printable Letter Mazes
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
Plus don’t miss our MANY preschool worksheets, fun alphabet printables, hands-on preschool math, clever ideas to learn colors, complete preschool themes, lots of playdoh mats, cute preschool crafts, and fantastic preschool books on our Preschool Play and Learn website.
Alphabet matching game printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!