Whether you are looking for a cute firework crafts idea to make as a 4th of July craft, or just a summer craft for kids to celebrate summertime – this fun-to-make firework activities is sure to be a hit. Make these patriotic crafts for kids with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. The simple, fun technique makes such gorgeous independence day craft ideas, and teach firework art project will be different!
One of our families favorite summer activities is watching the foruth of july fireworks! There is just nothing like the big, colorful lights decorating the black night sky with the big BOOMS to excite and delight children (and parents). To prepare for the show, I like to remind kids what fireworks are, the lights, and mostly – the noise that comes with this favorite 4th of July activity. We’ve made a lot of firework activities over the years. But this year, I decided to make different firework crafts with my toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. We decided to use a spinner to make this 4th of July craft! This technique is so simple and yet makes such beautiful 4th of july kids crafts. So grab the kids to make one of the prettiest, most creative patriotic crafts for kids you’ve ever seen.
All you need to make this firework arts and craft project are a few simple materials you probabaly already have on hand:
- white paper
- fidget spinner
- tempera or water color paint (any colors you like)
4th of July Craft
Start by covering your surface or better yet, take the project outside to make sure in all the spinning fun you don’t decorate a surface you didn’t intend to decorate =) Now set a fidget spinner (you don’t mind to get painted) on top of a white piece of paper.
HINT: Depending on the amount of paint and crazyness of your spinner, you may want to set out several pieces of paper or even several fidget spinners of different sizes to create a truly beautiful and unique project.
Patriotic Crafts for Kids
Squirt or blob paint on each arm of the fidget spinner. As we were using this patriotic craft for the 4th of July we used red, white and blue on each of the sides of the spinner, but use whatever color (s) you prefer as fireworks do come in all colors!
4th of July Kids Crafts
Put your thumb onto the middle so the spinner doesn’t accidently take flight and create fireworks in the air. Now spin your spinner and watch the paint flick off in all different directions.
Isn’t the pattern so pretty when you spin the paint? No two are alike!
Independence Day Craft
The paint will overlap and go different distances depending on the speed at which you are spinning it and depending on how much paint you added. Feel free to add additional paint, or a new color and keep spinning.
You can vary the look of your fireworks by adjusting how much paint is on each arm, how quickly you spin, the colors you use, the size of spinners, the positioning of your fidget spinner and more!
Independence Day Craft Ideas
Isn’t that such a pretty picture? Plus young children will have so much fun with this independence day activity they wont’ want to stop spinning and painting.
Summer Craft for Preschoolers
Try it with a variety of colors to make a summer craft for kids to remind them of the fireworks they saw at the fair, Disney world, etc. The possibilities are endless in this colorful craft for kids!
Move your spinner slightly and spin some more to create multiple fire works in your picture. Continue until you get the effect and density of fireworks you are hoping for. The projects are pretty much endless depending on the spinner size, location, paint colors, velocity, and more.
4th of July Activities
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Red White and BLue Science Expeirment
- Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- 4th of July Red White and Blue Experiment
- Easy “Bursting” Stars 4th of July Science Experiments
- Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages to help kids learn about common patriotic symbols.
- Try this EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment!
- Fireworks in a Jar – 4th of July Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Fidget Spinner Firework Crafts
- Firework 4th of July Crafts for Preschoolers
- EPIC Red White and Blue Slime
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft
- Founding Father George Washington Craft
- 4th of July Firework Crafts with shaving cream
- Simply 4th of July Fireworks Crafts
- 4th of July Firework Craft for Independence Day with free printable templates
- Over 100 4th of July Activities and Crafts for Kids of all ages!
4th of July Printables
Looking for more fun and FREE fourth of July printables? You will love these:
- Kids will have practicing number recognition while revealing patriotic hidden images in these FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet
- The whole family will have fun playing this free printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft
- Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids
- Learn more about the good old USA with these American Symbols Worksheets
- American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids
- Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Have fun grilling with these 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with this fun, educational 4th of July Activity
- Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets