Celebrate the arrival of summer with a cute sun craft for kids! This adorable and easy-to-make suncatcher craft for kids is such a cheerful decoration for your windows. This summer craft for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students is sure to be a great addition to your summer bucket list as a summer activity.
Sun Craft Preschool
Looking for a really fun-to-make sun craft preschool? You are going to love this brigh and cheery sun craft for preschoolers! This sun art and craft for preschoolers is perfect for a summer activity with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kinderagrten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. It makes a lovely suncatcher craft for preschoolers and a great summer craft for kids. Plus all you need are a few simple materials. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this pretty summer sun craft idea!
Sun Craft for Preschoolers
To make this simple and cute sun craft project all you need are a few simple materials:
- self-adhesive laminator pouch
- orange and yellow tissue paper
- black puffy paint
Sun craft for kids
Start by preparing the tissue paper by cutitng them into small squares. Now, use a sharpie to trace or draw a circle on the pouch. Now turn over and pull off the peel to uncover the sticky side.
Sun art and craft for preschoolers
Put the tissue paper squares inside the circle. They will overlap slightly and that is fine, just put them in the circle.
Suncatcher for kids
Continue putting the warm colored tissue paper until it covers the space completely while staying IN the circle. Now cover with the sticky side of another laminator sheet and press to make them flat without any bubbles.
Suncatcher craft for kids
Then use black puffy paint to trace the circle around the sun.
Summer craft for preschoolers
If yo u like you can add sun rays and any additional details you like.
Summer crafts for kids
Aren’t these super cute sun crafts so cheerful. Theyeach have different types of rays and one of them is a happy smiling sun!
Summer Activity for Preschoolers
Cut out the sun by going around the rays. Now hand on a window or sliding glass door to allow the light to brighten up the center for a cheery suncatcher craft.
Looking for more fun kids activities and other ideas to keep kids engaged, learning, and having fun? Check out these:
- EASY Pool Noodle Race Track for Kids
- Mentos and Soda Experiment
- Rainbow Eruptions – Preschool Summer Activity
- Baking Soda Clay
- Amazing Baking Soda Slime
- 30 Homemade Bird Feeders to make
- EPIC Water Balloon Painting Activities
- Fun-to-Make DIY Foosball Table – Stem Project for kids
- Simple Popsicle Stick Catapult project for kids
- 100+ Zoo Animal Crafts
- Summer STEM Ice Boat Races
- Easy Marshmallow Shooter
- Heat Sensitivie Color Changing Slime Recipe
- 100 Exciting Year-Round Science Experiments for Kids
- Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Summer fun
- Outrageously fun Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
Things to Do with Kids
- Edible Peanut Butter Playdough
- Shape Recognition Activity for Kids
- Rainbow Painting with Cars
- Grass Head Summer Activity for Kids
- Printable Lego Activities for Kids
- Silly Bouncy Egg
- Easy Sand Volcano with NO clean-up
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime
- Strawberry Scented Jello Playdough Recipe
- Snake Bubbles
- Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment
- Puffy Paint Recipes and Projects for Kids
- Kool Aid Watermelon Playdough
- LOTS of Fun Sidewalk Chalk Games
- 75+ Free Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Exploding Paint Film Canister Science Art Project
- Watermelon Squish Bag
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
- Mow the Grass Alphabet Activity
- 4th of July Fireworks Craft
- Balloon Painting Art Project for Preschoolers
- Puffy Paint Ice Cream Craft
- Cute Suncatcher Sun Craft Preschool
- Summer pLaydough Mats
- Butterfly Pasta Craft
- Ice Cream Preschool Name Activity
- Sandcastle Number Tracing Summer Worksheets for Preschool