Make practicing counting to 10 fun with these super cute, FREE Spring Counting Clip Cards for toddler, preschool, and kindergartners.
There hasn’t been a time that I have been so excited for spring. This winter seems extra cold. I am anxious for the days when I can feel the sun on my skin, my toes aren’t freezing and the flowers are blooming all their beautiful colors. Spring is when the world get’s new life again and I couldn’t be more excited. I may or may not have already given these spring clip cards to my kids. It may still be frigid outside, but our math activities are sunny!
These clip cards are going to help your child practice counting. Counting is the beginning steps of number sense, which is an important skill that young childen must learn.
We enjoy using clip cards becuase they are versatile and super simple to prep. Once they are prepped once, it is prepped for life! That is my kind of activity!!
Math Activities for Preschoolers
These cards each have a variety of spring themed images. Included are lady bugs, butterflies, kites, sun, rainbows, flowers and more! In the smaller squares, there are three options for numbers. Kids can count the spring pictures and then choose the correct corresponding number. Once the numbers is found, it can be clipped with a clothes pin or a variety of other options. Some other ideas include:
- Pom poms
- Rainbow bears
- Translucent math tokens
- Dry Erase Markers (if laminated)
I like to laminate the activity, after printing, so that I can have the option of using dry erase markers too. This makes this activity useful in the car or when we’re waiting somewhere like at a restaurant or at the doctor’s office.
I also included two blank clip cards. This can be used for different numbers, if you would like the expand the numbers that are used, or if one gets damaged.
If you are expanding the numbers used, you can simply use a coloring utensils and mark numbers in the small squares and draw flowers in the in the big box.
Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Shape Flashcard Treasure Hunt – kids will have fun looking for shapes around them with this fun shape game
- Number Tracing Sandcastles – practice counting and tracing numbers-1-20 with this super cute summer themed math activity
- Count to 10 Spider Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with these super cute playdough mats
- Do a Dot Number Worksheets using bingo dauber markers are a fun way for kids to practice counting
- Strawberry Preschool Counting Activity – this art and math activity is perfect for summer learning
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats – kids will have fun using playdough to practice counting
- Fish Cracker Counting cards – this clever activity allows kids to use goldfish to practice counting and one to one correspondence
- Lego Number Mats use duplo blocks to practice counting and include a space for tracing numbers 1-10
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with Stickers – such a fun, hands on counting activity for preschoolers
- Coin Recognition Sorting Mats – this math activity is a great way for kids to start learning about American money
- Zoo Animals Color by Number – these math worksheets allow kids to work on number recognition while revealing hidden pictures
Download Spring Activities for Preschoolers
Before you download your Dinosaur Roll and Cover Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.