If you are looking for some fun spring activities for preschoolers – you will love adding this springtime math to your spring lesson plans for preschoolers. Kids will count the rainbows, umbrellas, kites, bees, flowers, ladybugs, butterflies, and more then clip the numeral they counted. Use this in your spring preschool to make learning fun! To practicing counting to 10 this spring, simply print pdf file and you are ready to play and learn!
There hasn’t been a time that I have been so excited for spring. This winter seems extra cold. I am anxious for the days when I can feel the sun on my skin, my toes aren’t freezing and the flowers are blooming all their beautiful colors. Spring is when the world get’s new life again and I couldn’t be more excited. I may or may not have already given these spring clip cards to my kids. It may still be frigid outside, but our math activities are sunny! Add this spring counting activity to your spring preschool theme to make learning extra fun! This spring math is low prep and only requires the spring printable for preschoolers below. Now you are ready for this spring activity for preschool.
Spring Printables for Preschool
Spring activities for preschoolers
These clip cards are going to help your child practice counting. Counting is the beginning steps of number sense, which is an important skill that young childen must learn.
We enjoy using clip cards becuase they are versatile and super simple to prep. Once they are prepped once, it is prepped for life! That is my kind of activity!!
Spring Theme Preschool
These cards each have a variety of spring themed images. Included are lady bugs, butterflies, kites, sun, rainbows, flowers and more! In the smaller squares, there are three options for numbers. Kids can count the spring pictures and then choose the correct corresponding number. Once the numbers is found, it can be clipped with a clothes pin or a variety of other options. Some other ideas include:
- Pom poms
- Rainbow bears
- Translucent math tokens
- Dry Erase Markers (if laminated)
Spring Counting Games
I like to laminate the activity, after printing, so that I can have the option of using dry erase markers too. This makes this activity useful in the car or when we’re waiting somewhere like at a restaurant or at the doctor’s office.
I also included two blank clip cards. This can be used for different numbers, if you would like the expand the numbers that are used, or if one gets damaged.
If you are expanding the numbers used, you can simply use a coloring utensils and mark numbers in the small squares and draw flowers in the in the big box.
Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Shape Flashcard Treasure Hunt – kids will have fun looking for shapes around them with this fun shape game
- Number Tracing Sandcastles – practice counting and tracing numbers-1-20 with this super cute summer themed math activity
- Count to 10 Spider Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with these super cute playdough mats
- Do a Dot Number Worksheets using bingo dauber markers are a fun way for kids to practice counting
- Strawberry Preschool Counting Activity – this art and math activity is perfect for summer learning
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats – kids will have fun using playdough to practice counting
- Fish Cracker Counting cards – this clever activity allows kids to use goldfish to practice counting and one to one correspondence
- Lego Number Mats use duplo blocks to practice counting and include a space for tracing numbers 1-10
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with Stickers – such a fun, hands on counting activity for preschoolers
- Coin Recognition Sorting Mats – this math activity is a great way for kids to start learning about American money
- Zoo Animals Color by Number – these math worksheets allow kids to work on number recognition while revealing hidden pictures
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella Letter Matching Printable
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Spring Activities for Preschoolers
Before you grab your Dinosaur Roll and Cover Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
>>Spring Clip Cards <<