I love using a variety of different materials to make really fun, pretty, and unique craft projects with kids. So as the seasons begin to change, I decided to make a fun tree craft for preschoolers. For these tree crafts for kids we used paint swatches to get different shades and colors to make a fun effect with our tree arts and crafts. You can turn this into a pretty winter craft for preschool, toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders or a colorful fall craft if you prefer.
Tree Craft for Preschoolers
Whether you are looking for a pretty fall craft for preschoolers or a fun winter craft idea, you will love this simple tree craft for kids! Just grab some paint swtaches the next time you are at the hardware store to make some stunning and beautiful tree arts and crafts for preschoolers! You can use red, orange, and yellow swatches to make a fall craft for preschool, shades of green for a stunning winter schene, or colorful trees in purples, blues, pinks, etc. for a out-of-this-work forest that will delight kids of all ages! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this unique paint swatch crafts.
Tree art projects for preschoolers
All you need for this simple and pretty tree craft are a few simple materials:
- construction paper – any color you want to use for the background
- paint swatches – in any color you want to make your trees, various shades look really cool
- crayons – optional for details
Paint swatch crafts
Start out by carefully using scissors to cut paint swatchesinto strips.
Pick the background color you want to use. Now add a shade of brown (or other color you like) as the tree trunk. Now add the leaf colored strips of paint swatches on top of the trunk by glueing them on overlapping to make the triangular, cone-shaped tree.
Tree craft for kids
You can make one big tree or several smaller ones like they are in a forest.
Tree arts and crafts for preschoolers
Using crayons is a fun way to add details and dimmension to your art project. We used a white crayon to make dots for falling snow and wavy lines to show the trees were all tucked in with a blanket of snow.
Tree arts and crafts
We also made a pretty fall tree craft too. We used various shades of yellow, orange, red, and brown to make a really pretty, colorful tree. For this one we used a light tan paper and added some green blades of grass with crayons for details.
There are so many options with this simple craft for preschool students.
Fall craft for preschoolers
Whether you choose to arrange your paper horizontally to fit three small trees in a forest or vertically to make one big tree with changing leaf colors – the project is so much fun.
Winter craft for preschoolers
I love the endless possibilities with this tree craft from realistic trees for any season to cheerful, almost-dream like trees in pink, blue and purles. I think my favorite are when their are different shades of the same color on one tree. But the beauty of an open-ended project like this is you can make whatever you can imagine or want to try. And with an easy preschool craft like this, the results will be stunning!
Crafts for Preschoolers
- Straw Painting Whale Craft
- Camping Name Craft for Preschoolers
- Cheery Suncatcher Sun Craft for Preschoolers
- Printable Alphabet Crafts
- Exploding Paint Craft
- Simply Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Printable Caterpillar Craft for Preschoolers
- Super Cute Printable Paper Fish Craft for Preschoolers
- Printable Giraffe Craft for Preschoolers
- Paint Swatch Tree Craft for Preschoolers
Crafts for Kids
To help you get started, here are some of our favorite kids crafts.
- Cute Printable Flower Name Craft
- Paper Plate Parrot Craft
- Adorable Donut Father’s Day Craft
- Counting Pumpkin Pie Craft
- Fidgetspinner Firework Craft Ideas
- Pretty Tulip Flower Crafts
- Simple Balloon Painting Art Project
- Bubble Wrap and Pufy Paint Ice Cream Craft
- Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Space Name Craft for Preschoolers
- Simple Sunflowers Craft for Preschoolers
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers