These adorable shape playdough mats have a fun preschool spring theme so kids can practice making shapes, learning shape names, and having fun with a shape activity for preschoolers! This preschool shape activity is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten ages children. Simply print pdf file with spring printables and you are ready to play and learn with spring math.
Spring Playdough Mats
Spring has officially sprung! I just love taking walks and feeling the warm sun on my face and the gentle breeze in my hair. The neighborhood kids are all outside playing, drawing on the sidewalk with chalk, blowing bubbles, jumping rope, swinging on backyard swingsets, and filling the air with laughter! It is so wonderful to get ou and enjoy nature. Seeing all the new growth – baby leaves on trees, colorful tulip and daffodile spring bulbs, and vibrant green grass. But with outdoor beckoning children outdoors it can be hard for educators to compete for children’s attention! These fun spring playdough mats are not only fun, but a great tool in helping kids learn shapes and shape names. Use these shape playdough mats as an educational shape activity to strengthen fine motor skills while having with a super cute rabbit and carrot themed playdough activity for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners too.
Shape Playdough Mats
Shape activity for preschoolers
Now print the pages in color on cardstock or laminate for durability. Cut each page in half to make 2 shape mats.
The shapes children will practice in this pack are: pentagon, star, circle, square, rectangle, triangle, oval, octagon, hexagon, heart,
Easter Playdough Mats
Each shape printable had a bright green border, shapped orange carrot with a green stem, traceable shape name, and a cute white bunny rabbit popping out of the brown dirt to say hello! I jsut love the cute pink nose and ears!
This shape activity has so many uses. Kids can practice making the shape with orange jelly belly like we did. We love making learning math fun with food! After you are finished learning and playing, you get to eat the edible math manipulative for a snack!
Spring Preschool Activity
Whether you are a parent, teacher, hoomeschooler, doing school at home, daycare, or an involved grandparent – these shape playdough mats are such a fun NO PREP math activity for preschoolers. students will have fun practicing making shapes over and over using jelly beans, playdough, or dry erase markers to learn shapes in an hands on math activity.
The other way to learn shapes is as playdough maps. Kids can either make shaped carrots (ie pancakes), or they can make a rope and form the outline of the shape on the mat. I suggest using orange, brown, green, or black playdough. But any color will work.
Another option is for students to trace the shapes with their fingers or using a dry erase marker. Dont’ forget to point out the shape name which children can also trace with a dry erase marker to start to become familiar with shape names.
Easter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands-on, educational activites for toddler, preschool, kindergaten, grade 1, and grade 2 students to try during April? You will love these free printable ideas!
- BINGO Easter Game
- Super cute Easter Alphabet Mats
- Printable Bunny Ear Hat
- Practice Patterns with Plastic Easter Egg Activity
- Paper Bag Easter Craft
- Easter Printable Spelling Printable
- Easter Egg Homophones Game
- Printable Easter Color by Letter or Color by Number Worksheets
- Easter Craft Hats to Color by Number
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt Printable
- Printable Easter Craft
- Bunny & Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
Looking for more free easter worksheets, easter games, and other fun easter themed learning activities? You will love these clever ideas and free resources:
- Easter Egg Letter Tracing
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Egg Word Family Activities
- Easter Printable Tracing Pages
- Printable Mazes Easter Activity
- Easter Worksheets
- Sight Word Mazes Easter Worksheets
- Easter Interactive Hundreds Chart
- Phonics Easter Eggs Printable
- Easter Egg Fractions
- Number Tracing Strips to practice counting with jelly beans
- Easter Color Words Emergent Reader
- Easter Letter Matching
- Plastic Easter Egg Activity working on visual discrimination
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, free math worksheets, grammar worksheets, sight words activities, abc printables, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Spring Shape Playdough Mats
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!