These adorable FREE Printable Easter Carrot Shape Mats are such a fun way for preschoolers to practice making shapes and learning shape names.
Spring has officially sprung! I just love taking walks and feeling the warm sun on my face and the gentle breeze in my hair. The neighborhood kids are all outside playing, drawing on the sidewalk with chalk, blowing bubbles, jumping rope, swinging on backyard swingsets, and filling the air with laughter! It is so wonderful to get ou and enjoy nature. Seeing all the new growth – baby leaves on trees, colorful tulip and daffodile spring bulbs, and vibrant green grass.
But with outdoor beckoning children outdoors it can be hard for educators to compete for children’s attention! This fun spring educational activity will help kids continue to learn shapes, shape names, and strengthen fine motor skills while having with a super cute rabbit and carrot themed playdough activity for toddler, pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1.
Shape Playdough Mats
Whether you are a parent, teacher, hoomeschooler, doing school at home, daycare, or an involved grandparent – these shape playdough mats are such a fun NO PREP math activity for preschoolers. students will have fun practicing making shapes over and over using jelly beans, playdough, or dry erase markers to learn shapes in an hands on math activity..
Shapes for Preschoolers
Now print the pages in color on cardstock or laminate for durability. Cut each page in half to make 2 shape mats.
The shapes children will practice in this pack are: pentagon, star, circle, square, rectangle, triangle, oval, octagon, hexagon, heart,
Easter Playdough Mats
Each shape printable had a bright green border, shapped orange carrot with a green stem, traceable shape name, and a cute white bunny rabbit popping out of the brown dirt to say hello! I jsut love the cute pink nose and ears!
This shape activity has so many uses. Kids can practice making the shape with orange jelly belly like we did. We love making learning math fun with food! After you are finished learning and playing, you get to eat the edible math manipulative for a snack!
The other way to learn shapes is as playdough maps. Kids can either make shaped carrots (ie pancakes), or they can make a rope and form the outline of the shape on the mat. I suggest using orange, brown, green, or black playdough. But any color will work.
Another option is for students to trace the shapes with their fingers or using a dry erase marker. Dont’ forget to point out the shape name which children can also trace with a dry erase marker to start to become familiar with shape names.
Easter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands-on, educational activites for toddler, preschool, kindergaten, grade 1, and grade 2 students to try during April? You will love these free printable ideas!
- BINGO Easter Game
- Super cute Easter Alphabet Mats
- Printable Bunny Ear Hat
- Practice Patterns with Plastic Easter Egg Activity
- Paper Bag Easter Craft
- Easter Printable Spelling Printable
- Easter Egg Homophones Game
- Printable Easter Color by Letter or Color by Number Worksheets
- Easter Craft Hats to Color by Number
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt Printable
- Printable Easter Craft
- Bunny & Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
Looking for more free easter worksheets, easter games, and other fun easter themed learning activities? You will love these clever ideas and free resources:
- Easter Egg Letter Tracing
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Egg Word Family Activities
- Easter Printable Tracing Pages
- Printable Mazes Easter Activity
- Easter Worksheets
- Sight Word Mazes Easter Worksheets
- Easter Interactive Hundreds Chart
- Phonics Easter Eggs Printable
- Easter Egg Fractions
- Number Tracing Strips to practice counting with jelly beans
- Easter Color Words Emergent Reader
- Easter Letter Matching
- Plastic Easter Egg Activity working on visual discrimination
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, free math worksheets, grammar worksheets, sight words activities, abc printables, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Shape Activities for Kids
- Simple Shape Mats with real world pictures
- 2D Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Shape Flashcards Scavenger Hunt
Download Spring Shape Playdough Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!