Have fun with this st patricks day game that works on visual discrimination, counting, and more for a fun St Patricks Day Preschool. This st patricks day i spy is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindegarten age students. Simply download pdf file with free st patrick’s day printables and you are ready to play and learn this March with a st patricks day activities for preschoolers.
St patricks day i spy
Who else remembers loving I Spy games as a child? I absolutely did. My parents subscribed to a child magazine for me filled with activities, but I always saved the I Spy for the end. I loved it so much, I wanted it to last forever. Little did I know the benefits I was gaining by doing that fun activity. This St. Patrick’s Day I Spy is just as fun! How fun is this? I am obsessed with the variety of St. Patrick’s Day related pictures and the bright fun colors. This st patricks day i spy has 8 different pictures that children can find. This St Patrick’s Day activity includes: a leprechaun girl, a green clover with white polka dots, a green clover with dark green polka dots, a plain clover, a rainbow, a leprechaun face, a leprechaun hat, and a leprechaun.
free st patrick’s day printables
St patrick’s day worksheets
This I Spy was created to encourage children to search a bit more than maybe your average I Spy. Some of the pictures are slightly hidden behind others, but they still count. Even if you can only see a portion of the object, it counts.
I also included an answer key so that it is easy for you to check your child or students work.
St patricks day printables
Prepping this game is super easy. You can simply print the I Spy game on printer paper and your child can use a pencil or crayon with it. If you would like to be able to use this activity again, the option would be to laminate it and have your child use dry erase markers or crayons. Then they can be used as many times as you would like.
Children can play a few different ways. They can start with one object, say the leprechaun girl, and count however many they can find. When they have found all of them, they can write that number in the box next to the object.
St patricks day activities for preschoolers
Alternatively, they can start at the top corner of the page and scan as they go across. They can write tally marks next to the objects in the key, as they find them.
While this St. Patrick’s game is loads of fun, kids are also strengthening skills. They won’t even realize they are because they will be so engaged and excited. That being said, kids are strengthening important skills.
- Memory skills are strengthened with I Spy activities. Memory is like a muscle, it must be worked to grow and this I Spy activity is the perfect way.
- Visual discrimination is also something that is strengthened. This is the ability to visually recognize details in a picture that will help children later be able to discriminate between the shapes of letters.
- Also, number skills are strengthened. Counting up each object and then writing the number or tally marks down.
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- I Spy St Patricks Day Printables
- St Patricks Coloring Pages
- Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables Write The Room
- Clover Letter Find St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Clover Pattern Strips – FREE St Patrick’s Day Printables for Preschool
St patrick’s day printables
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
- March Writing Prompts Calendar
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- Color by Number Leprechaun Hat Template Free
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- 30+ Creative St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over 40 EPIC St Patricks Day Activities
- 7 Cute Handprint St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!
St patrick games
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!