After children have learned to count to 25, it is time to work on fluency by working on which number comes next. Children can use fall candy corn candy as a counting manipulative and then write down which number comes next in the series. This is such a fun fall math activity for pre-k and kindergarten age students. Print pdf file for this free kindergarten math activity.
Which number comes next
Kindergarteners will love these candy corn themed counting and number order activity cards. Looking for a fun way to reinforce number order? A candy corn theme will definitely have the kids excited to learn! Use real candy corn to have the kids show their numbers. These which number comes next cards are versatile and can be used in a number of ways. The kids will enjoy practicing number order and number identification in a fun and hands-on way using erase markers.
Number Order Printable
Which number comes next in the series
To prep this activity, print the candy jar number sequence cards and laminate them (preferably) then print as many sets of the recording sheets you need for your students. They can use dry erase markers on the laminated strips.
Candy Corn Jars Number Order Printable
Playing this number order game is fairly straight forward. Choose the number strips you would like your students to work on, choose these carefully not to overload your students with a large number of cards. Students begin by identifying the numbers on each strip then write the number that comes next or before. They can also have a number line in front of them to help them figure out the next number.
Another way you could use these cards is to play a scavenger hunt game and tape all the strips around the room. Then, have the kids looking for the strips around the room, and completing each strip and placing them in a container. You could also add an element of mystery and surprise by telling a short story to have the kids ‘solve the puzzle’ and finish all the cards before a timer runs out. It’s a great way to encourage team building and playful activities within your classroom environment.
- Dump truck counting mat
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheet
- Animal Counting Activities with animal cookies
- Fingerprint Counting Printables
- Cheeseburger Preschool Counting Activity with stickers
- Fruit Loops Practice Counting Cards
- 5 Little Monkeys Printable
- Sandcastle Playdough Number Mats
- Flower Counting Activity
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Pumpkin Math Kindergarten Addition Practice
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Fingerprint Activity Sheet
- Bowling Counting Cards
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Free Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Number Mats (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Free Printable Number Puzzles
- Number Train Printable Math Activity for counting 1-20
- Plant a Number Line to 10
Counting activities for preschool
If you want more fun number activities for kids to practice counting while having fun, you will love these free counting activities for pre-k:
- Free Animal Cookies Count to 10 cards
- practice counting using a ten frame with this fruit loops activity
- Count to 20 are these Free Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats.
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with Stickers
- Birthday Cake Counting Playdough mats
- Fish Cracker Counting Cards
Fall Activities for Preschool
Looking for more fun, fall printables to make leaning fun for prek kids? Take a peak at these:
- Pumpkin Shape Games for Preschoolers
- Fall Bingo Dauber Printables
- Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Sticker Worksheets
- Tracing Numbers Worksheets for Fall
- Fall Shapes for Preschoolers Printable Reader
- Autumn Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Fall Playdough Cards
- Free Printable Sight Word Games for Fall
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Counting Worksheets
- Pumpkin Traceable Alphabet
- Fall Counting Pumpkins Reader
- Printable Hat Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fall Number Mats
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Fall Sequencing Activities
- Free Alphabet Flip Book Printable – apple theme
- Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack!
- Cereal Fall Tree Craft
What Comes Next Template
Before you grabyour worksheet about ABC order, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.