THis is such a fun, simple counting activity for preschoolers. This clothespin counting activity is an easy-to-make recycled idea and a great homemade learning tool kids are going to want to use over and over again. This clothespin math activities is agreat way to work on teaching numbers to preschoolers, toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children too.
Clothespin counting activity
If you have preschoolers at home you’ll love this Clothespin Counting activity! This preschool math activity is an easy and inexpensive activity to set up. You’ll be impressed to see how many important areas of development your child will be working on. Use this fun counting activity for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to make learning fun!
Cognitive skills is the primary area of development a preschooler will be improving when doing this counting board. They’re using their brains! Thinking, analyzing and counting the flowers, matching up the clothespin with the correct number and of course memorizing the number digits visually.
Fine motor skills and hand eye-coordination are also improved in this activity. The child must pinch the clothespin with their thumb and pointer finger and clip it onto the board to the correct spot. This step takes effort, especially with younger children.
Lastly, this activity is great for improving focus and concentration skills. When kid’s are counting, or learning in general, their brains are working hard and they’re exercising their ability to concentrate and focus!
Clothespin math activities
This preschool math activity is super simple and easy to make. All you need to do this activity you’ll need:
- Flower Stickers
- Permanent Marker
- Mini Clothespins
- Craft Knife + mat
- Lid (6-8″ in diameter)
Start by tracing the lid onto the cardboard using the permanent marker. Cut out on the mat using the craft knife.
Counting activity for preschoolers
Next, using the ruler, divide the circle into 4-10 sections (depending on the child’s’ age and ability to count up to higher numbers), like a pizza. We did 8 sections.
Counting activity for toddlers
Now, stick the flower stickers into each section (starting with one flower in one section and going up in count per each section). You can mix up the counts or you can go in a circle.
Teaching numbers to preschoolers
For the clothespins all you have to do is label each one with a corresponding number.
Students will now count the stickers and clip the clothespin with the corresponding number on that piece. Continue until all the clothespins have been attached to the counting board.
Counting Activities for Kids
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Pumpkin Math Kindergarten Addition Practice
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Fingerprint Activity Sheet
- Bowling Counting Cards
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Free Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Number Mats (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Free Printable Number Puzzles
- Number Train Printable Math Activity for counting 1-20
- Plant a Number Line to 10
- Monster Counting with Google eyes
- Lego Numbers – Printable Duplo Mats to count and trace
- Goldfish Counting Activity for Preschoolers
Looking for more fun and free ideas to make learning fun for preschoolers? Check out these free prek worksheets:
- Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Printable Alphabet Letters for Crafts
- Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Apple Prek Worksheets
- Tracing Letters while learning animals names A to Z
- Road Shapes
- Super cute Printable Easter Crafts
- No prep preschool alphabet worksheets
- Super cute construction worksheets for pre k
- Free pumpkin activity printables to find the letter
- Super cute and FREE printable animal masks
Plus don’t miss our ABC Printables, math activities for preschoolers, learning preschool colors, fun preschool themes, tons of free playdough mats, cute preschool crafts, tons of free printable preschool worksheets, and many preschool book list.