Do your kids love easter color by number activities? What about Jelly Bean activites? I know these are both a hit in our house, so I decided to combine the two into a jelly bean craft mosaic. We always have an overabundance of jelly beans around Easter. I figured, what better way to use them than with a play on a color by number! This yummy art activity is perfect for children of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too. This easter activity for preschoolers will strengthen skills while kids are having fun with candy! Simply print pdf file with easter printable and you are ready to play!
Jelly Bean Craft
The idea behind this jelly bean mosaic activity is that kids will use the guide box to determine which number is assigned to which color. They will then fill in that space with the correct color of jelly bean. It can fill in as much or as little as they would like. When the jelly bean craft is done, it’s a pretty & a colorful jelly bean work of art! THis activity is not only great for color recognition and easter activity for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners – but great for strengthening pincer grasp and improving fine motor coordination. This just may become your new favorite jelly bean crafts!
Easter Color by Number
After you print out the templates, you’ll notice that the color guide box doesn’t have colors assigned to it. I did this because each type or brand of jelly bean has different colors in it. The templates are non-specific enough that any color combination will work. You’ll just need to figure out which colors you want to use and write those colors in the color guide.
Jelly bean activities
To complete this jelly bean activities for preschool all you need are jelly beans (any brand will do) and the easter color by number printable below.
We used the smaller size jelly beans. At the store I went to, I couldn’t find a big bag, so we went with 3 of the smaller bags. We needed this many for the right amount of jelly beans for each color. We did have plenty of extra colors, but certain colors were necessary to have three bags. So if you can find a big bag of jelly beans, I would go with that. If you use the larger jelly beans, which might be easier for little hands, you wouldn’t need quite as many.
Easter activity for preschoolers
Once your template is ready to go, you can have your child speak what the numbers are and what the colors assigned to them are. Then have them point out on the template, for instance the egg, which number and color combination goes where. This is great for visual discrimination skill strengthening.
If you would like to, you could have your child sort colors to organize the jelly beans into piles of each color. This is optional, though.
Easter activities for toddlers
When you and your child are ready, have them start filling in the mosaic template with the jelly beans. We started at the top and worked down, but you could also go by whichever jelly bean is picked up.
This Easter Mosaic Art is also fabulous for children who are just learning colors and numbers. You can use any colors that you want, so if your child is hung up on a few colors, this can really help!
Easter activities for kids
This is way more than just a fun Easter activity, though. While it is great for Sunday School, preschool or a quiet activity at home, it has benefits for children.
When children pick up and place the jelly beans on the paper, it is strengthening their fine motor skills. This is important for so many reasons and will help them be able to zip a zipper, tie their shoes and hold a pencil properly. Fun activities like this is the perfect way to help strengthen these finger and hand muscles!
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Sorting
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
- Peep Patterns Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Mosaic Jelly Bean Craft – Easter Activity for Preschoolers
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Outrageously cool Bouncy Egg Experiment
- Egg Experiment – Silly Spring Activities for Kids
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
By using reosurces from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!